Director of Brand Marketing
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Brand Marketing team shapes perception of our company, products and services. We’re responsible for developing, briefing, and managing all strategic brand projects -- aligning the brand experience across all functions. We work with teams around the company and collaborate with external partners to delight and engage current and prospective customers.
We're looking for a Director of Brand Marketing to help guide strategy for the core Mailchimp brand. Our ideal candidate is passionate about brand and understands its importance across the entire customer experience. You should be fluent in consumer marketing and comfortable in a quickly-evolving environment. This is a great opportunity to help shape how millions of customers view and experience Mailchimp.
What you’ll do here:
- You will provide strategic guidance to the Brand Marketing team
- Collaborate in the creation of comprehensive marketing plans and go to market strategies to win new customers and increase engagement for current customers
- Work with internal and external teams to build and launch integrated brand experiences across all Mailchimp channels, including app, website, social, events and campaigns
- Create structure and definition around complex and/or ambiguous business problems
- Participate in project planning to help teams identify objectives, deliverables, work efforts and project timelines
- Maintain project documentation and communicate timely updates of status, achievements, and potential challenges to the Marketing Leadership Team
- Act as a team champion, pitching in on special projects as needed to support all areas of Brand and Corporate marketing
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years of brand strategy and consumer marketing experience, at agencies or in-house environments
- You’re fluent in all aspects of brand strategy and end-to-end customer experience
- You’ve successfully led and helped execute major advertising campaigns from conception to launch to optimization -- providing insightful campaign analytics
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholder interests and coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
- Demonstrated use of techniques and tools to coordinate and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate with and present to team members at all levels
- Highly adaptive and flexible, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent situational awareness and emotional intelligence
The target base salary for this role is $148,000 to $178,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.