Human Resources Business Partner
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The People Operations team is a dynamic group that serves Mailchimp’s 1,200-plus employees, and we’re looking for an People Partner (HR Business Partner) to join the team. Our People Partners work alongside assigned department leaders to develop effective people strategies, provide direction and guidance, and generally act as an extension of their assigned department. This People Partner will be assigned to partner with our Chief Customer Officer and their leadership team who lead our award-winning customer facing Support and Partner functions. You will actively drive and manage strategic initiatives and programs within these teams to contribute to Mailchimp’s overall success with new and existing customer attraction, satisfaction and retention.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the proven ability to create programs and initiatives that drive Mailchimp’s business strategy through its people. This person will serve as a strategic consultant to management and senior leadership team on people-related issues, concerns & planning. We are specifically looking for an experienced People Partner who has deep experience supporting customer-facing leaders and their teams and who has played a leading role in large, strategic change management plans. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, organizational design, career ladder definition & development, succession planning, organizational effectiveness, professional development and performance management/discipline.
What you'll do here:
- Create solid relationships with Senior Leadership in assigned client groups by building trust and driving for results
- Demonstrating solid business acumen and the deep understanding of Mailchimp and department strategy. Translate to identify people trends that impact the business and provide holistic solutions to address via programs, initiatives and/or training
- Act as a change management expert and provide guidance on department and people strategies
- Experience creating and implementing change management plans for large scale departmental and company initiatives
- Utilize and analyze key employee data and draw insights from the findings to influence decision making
- Work closely with department heads on talent management including succession planning, professional development, coaching for performance, effective communication and successful feedback techniques
- Extensive experience partnering with a Compensation Center of Expertise in planning and executing compensation plans including incentive compensation
- Provide guidance to People Operations Generalist as they provide insight, direction and guidance to Manager and Directors
- Drive and be an advocate for Mailchimp’s culture of humility, independence and creativity
- Partner with other People Operations, Total Rewards and Talent Strategy teams to continuously refine internal processes and communicate changes to assigned business units
- Provide day-to-day HR support in various aspects of the employee experience, as needed
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years HR experience with a focus on being a strategic partner to senior leaders
- You have extensive knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and business
- You have experience in organizational development and organizational effectiveness
- You are experienced in partnering with creative teams such as Customer Support, Customer Experience, Business Development, Sales and/or Marketing teams.
- You have demonstrated success at navigating through a fast-paced, high-change environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.