Human Resources Business Partner
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The People Operations team is a dynamic group that serves Mailchimp’s 1,200-plus employees, and we’re looking for an People Partner (HR Business Partner) to join the team. Our People Partners work alongside assigned department leaders to develop effective people strategies, provide direction and guidance, and generally act as an extension of their assigned department. This People Partner will be assigned to partner with our Chief Customer Officer and their leadership team who lead our award-winning customer facing Support and Partner functions. You will actively drive and manage strategic initiatives and programs within these teams to contribute to Mailchimp’s overall success with new and existing customer attraction, satisfaction and retention.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the proven ability to create programs and initiatives that drive Mailchimp’s business strategy through its people. This person will serve as a strategic consultant to management and senior leadership team on people-related issues, concerns & planning. We are specifically looking for an experienced People Partner who has deep experience supporting customer-facing leaders and their teams and who has played a leading role in large, strategic change management plans. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, organizational design, career ladder definition & development, succession planning, organizational effectiveness, professional development and performance management/discipline.
What you'll do here:
- Create solid relationships with Senior Leadership in assigned client groups by building trust and driving for results
- Demonstrating solid business acumen and the deep understanding of Mailchimp and department strategy. Translate to identify people trends that impact the business and provide holistic solutions to address via programs, initiatives and/or training
- Act as a change management expert and provide guidance on department and people strategies
- Experience creating and implementing change management plans for large scale departmental and company initiatives
- Utilize and analyze key employee data and draw insights from the findings to influence decision making
- Work closely with department heads on talent management including succession planning, professional development, coaching for performance, effective communication and successful feedback techniques
- Extensive experience partnering with a Compensation Center of Expertise in planning and executing compensation plans including incentive compensation
- Provide guidance to People Operations Generalist as they provide insight, direction and guidance to Manager and Directors
- Drive and be an advocate for Mailchimp’s culture of humility, independence and creativity
- Partner with other People Operations, Total Rewards and Talent Strategy teams to continuously refine internal processes and communicate changes to assigned business units
- Provide day-to-day HR support in various aspects of the employee experience, as needed
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years HR experience with a focus on being a strategic partner to senior leaders
- You have extensive knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and business
- You have experience in organizational development and organizational effectiveness
- You are experienced in partnering with creative teams such as Customer Support, Customer Experience, Business Development, Sales and/or Marketing teams.
- You have demonstrated success at navigating through a fast-paced, high-change environment
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $104,000 to $125,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.