VP, Customer Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Customer team is one of the largest departments in the company. We help users all over the world with experiences that empower our customers to use Mailchimp with inspired confidence.
Our Customer team is looking for a strategic, driven, and analytical VP of Customer Operations with a passion for designing processes that scale. Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer and managing a dedicated Operations team, this role will focus on increasing the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of Mailchimp’s Customer team. In this role you will be Mailchimp’s Customer team core operating partner and collaborate closely with our Strategy Office, Global Programs, Product, Marketing, CX and Engineering teams to tackle operational and strategic initiatives for our organization and drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer team.
What you’ll do here:
- Work cross-functionally with Customer team leaders, Product, Marketing and CX to develop end user engagement programs at scale
- Disseminate information and coordinate communication on the department’s initiatives across various key stakeholders in partnership with our Internal Communications teams
- Relay customer and partner feedback to the Product and Engineering teams and help scale GTM across various product launches and new functionalities.
- Help scale our onboarding practices to overcome any delays in implementation
- Identify new initiatives and programs and oversee their rollout, implementation, and ongoing monitoring
- Work to identify opportunities for process improvements, as well as improvements to tooling and analytics
- Manage a dedicated team and set up a roadmap for the teams to scale across customers and partners operations.
- Provide the team with thought leadership, coaching, conducting one on ones and performance appraisals.
- Analyze customer health and develop a deep understanding of evolving value drivers in partnership with the Strategy Office, Data Science and CX.
- Facilitate rapid decision making through managed and informed escalations
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years of experience with the internet or software as a service (SaaS) industry
- You have 10+ years of experience in team management, including pre and post sales (customer service, support and success)
- You have 5+ years in management consulting in a strategic/operational role
- You have practical business understanding with genuine passion for technology, entrepreneurship and making customers successful
- You are a good communicator with finely honed communication skills: you are able to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership as well as mastering change management
- You’re a proactive leader who is independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, aligning resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- You have a high-energy, team-first attitude and you are motivated to work in an ever-changing environment to help our growing customer base
- You possess outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills in managing workload and internal customers
- You have experience using and developing a scalable framework for customer health methodology
- BA or BS degree minimum. MBA preferred.
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.