Senior UX Researcher
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
A Sr. UX Researcher is proficient across a wide range of User Experience Research methods and applies them to complex, and high-impact projects that may touch multiple product areas. They operate with a very high degree of autonomy and are comfortable working solo or leading research studies with other researchers. Sr. Researchers are highly-skilled communicators and storytellers, able to synthesize findings from a broad range of sources and turn them into insightful, compelling and persuasive stories.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional groups across the organization to provide research that supports the goals of the product and needs of the Mailchimp small business customer; aligns their research activities to inform decision-making and action
- Represent the voice of the Mailchimp customer among cross-functional partners and stakeholders by highlighting the small business user, their needs, and behaviors
- Advocate for and lead foundational and evaluative research that informs product and experience strategy
- Synthesize large behavioral and attitudinal data sets to create a complete picture of the Mailchimp customer, their behaviors, and needs, turning them into compelling recommendations and insights that clearly tie to larger strategic product and business goals
- Adeptly pull from a wide range of UX Research methods, applying mixed methods to complex problems (including, but not limited to in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, surveys, card sorts, tree tests, statistical analysis, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, and competitive analysis)
- Socialize insights from their work broadly, exploring new and creative ways to effectively communicate learnings
- Plan and facilitate workshops and UX training sessions with cross-functional partners (e.g. Design, Product Management, Engineering, and others)
- Provide input and support to Associates and UX Researchers, as appropriate
- Extensive experience leading research activities, employing a variety of UX research methodologies
- Expertise in survey design, discussion guide writing, interview moderating, and data analysis (qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent cross-team collaboration skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- Experience in an Agile software environment preferred
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent research projects
- Ability to think at a systems level and connect the dots between individual work streams
- Experience with mentoring others in User Experience Research practice
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.