Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Campaign Performance team provides data-driven guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing channels. We partner with the entire marketing organization and cross-functionally, helping to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives.
The SEO Analyst is responsible for supporting the SEO strategy and implementation of Mailchimp.com. In this role you will support SEO and the larger web team to optimize SEO performance of website - improve traffic, decrease SEM spend and increase conversion/revenue. You will work closely with the SEO Manager and cross-functional teams to provide SEO guidance and oversight to all pages created. Key responsibilities include researching and recommending keywords, maintaining SEO data sources and reporting, basic maintenance tasks for technical SEO health, maintaining the relationship with third party content agencies, and building SEO content in the CMS ensuring that SEO best practices are met.
In this role you should have experience in helping support SEO strategies for multiple domains. You have strong working knowledge of current and emerging SEO best practices as well as the ability to make and implement recommendations from technical and content audits. You thrive in collaborative cross-functional teams and you have a drive for continuous optimization & improvement.
What you'll do here:
- Perform keyword research to support campaigns and product launches.
- Maintain SEO data sources (BrightEdge, SEMRush, Google Search Console) and gather data on SEO initiatives.
- Perform weekly site crawls to monitor for technical SEO issues. Fix basic technical issues (broken links, redirects, bad metadata) and flag larger issues for the web development team.
- Responsible for building SEO content in the CMS, ensuring that SEO best practices and internal linking targets are met.
- Maintain the relationship with third party content agencies - deliver approved briefs and route copy to appropriate stakeholders for review. Point of contact for all SEO content as it moves through the production pipeline.
- Perform link building campaigns - both agency managed and individual outreach.
- Responsible for maintaining/adding JSON-LD Structured Data markup to key pages.
- Ensure that SEO content is appropriately merchandised and cross-linked throughout Mailchimp.com
- Consistently provide actionable feedback to the appropriate stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+years of SEO experience
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or Business Management with a strong understanding of basic technical SEO or BA/BS in Engineering or related technical field
- Prefer experience in managing multiple websites. International background is a plus.
- Familiarity with website systems, architectures, languages and platforms, including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), .NET,ASP, Java, JSP, etc. A background that includes website development is a plus
- Experience with link building and proper usage while representing the Mailchimp brand
- Ability to educate, communicate, and present to team members at various levels within the organization
- Prefer experience in the technology space; SaaS and E-Commerce industries is a plus.
- Proficient in Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Strong understanding of web development and design as it pertains to search engine algorithms
- Strong prioritization skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to align efforts across multiple departments
- Very strong organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Self starter that is comfortable initiating and leading efforts, projects and programs
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.