Marketing Associate, Paid Social
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization and cross-functionally, helping to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives. Mailchimp is looking for a Paid Social Performance marketer to help guide and scale our paid social programs.
The Marketing Associate- Paid Social will primarily be responsible for planning, execution, and optimization of all Mailchimp media campaigns within the Paid Social environment. We are looking for a Paid Social Performance marketer to help guide and scale our paid social programs. Someone who has experience managing or supporting a team thats primarily focus is paid social advertising. The marketing associate will also play a role in optimization and planning within programmatic display. This role will also play an integral role in the day to day partnership with our Media agency and third-party partners. A successful candidate will have a passion for social media, and experience managing campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. They will also bring an analytical, creative, and flexible mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering success, achieving revenue growth and cultivating the experience within the paid environment.
What you'll do here:
- Paid Social Media Program Ownership : Under the guidance of the Manager, Paid Social collaborate with key marketing stakeholders to execute Mailchimp's paid social campaigns to achieve subscriber acquisition goals and initiatives.
- Paid Social Media Optimization and Reporting: Ensure social media KPIs are documented, accurate, tracked and that campaigns are optimized against them. Forecast performance and understand the relationships between key social media metrics and be able to tell a story with the numbers.
- Paid Media Advertising Expertise: Measure efficacy of paid media campaigns across all major publishers with focus on social. Conduct extensive audience, placement and platform research to help inform Paid Social strategies. Recommend and evaluate targeting and outline detailed segmentation strategies throughout the customer journey.
- Media Agency and Vendor Management: Be confident in working with outside media agencies, vendors and platform reps and hold them accountable to key targets. Help to manage media spend and optimize campaigns to ensure we hit agreed-upon KPIs for our campaigns.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Partner with the organic Social Media, campaign management and media planning teams to ensure the Paid Social strategy aligns across channels with initiative goals, objectives and customer journey. Develop a comprehensive paid social calendar that complements organic social strategy and includes creative testing and messaging roadmaps.
- Optimization and Reporting: Constantly look for ways to improve current processes and introduce new approaches that will have a positive contribution to Mailchimp's success. Develop reporting, insights and analysis of Paid Social performance and present to internal stakeholders. Evaluate performance against goals and objectives.
- Programmatic Expertise: Understanding of the programmatic display ecosystem and ability to plan, measure, and optimize across major publishers as needed.
- Brand and Product Stewardship: Understand the MailChimp brand and the value to our end-users, infusing that into all programs. Keep up to date on our Product to understand business priorities and consumer challenges.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have media experience (3+ years) managing paid media campaigns with an emphasis on paid social
- Experience in managing media budgets of $3 million+
- You have a strong understanding of paid advertising programs and strategies.
- Proficient use of managing ads in Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest Familiarity with cross channel paid media ecosystem including display, programmatic, and search
- Solid understanding of the small business marketplace
- Understanding of the marketing ecosystem in driving performance and improving the customer experience
- Thorough understanding of media attribution and campaign automation.
- Demonstrated experience managing and bringing to market marketing campaigns
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented and ever-changing environment
- Ability to seamlessly collaborate with other functional areas and teams within the department and organization
- Outrageously creative and strong organization, problem-solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills
The target base salary for this role is $61,000 to $73,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.