Senior Internal Communications Associate
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
This role is responsible for creating and implementing internal communications plans and related deliverables to help the business achieve strategic objectives and to drive employee engagement.
What you'll do here:
- You will provide communications counsel and support to leaders in various departments based on business needs and priorities.
- Develop communication objectives, strategies, and plans that help meet key communication needs.
- Ensure department initiatives and projects are successfully communicated at the company level, and ensure company-level messages are reflected in department-level communications from leaders.
- Identify communication needs of various internal audiences and ensure content reaches appropriate audiences by guiding distribution channel selection and release schedule (cascade).
- Write, produce, and disseminate content, including intranet articles, Slack messages, key messaging documents, FAQs, scripts for internal videos, presentations and virtual meeting/event support materials.
- Participate in communication measurement activities that help monitor effectiveness.
- Develop strategies to collect feedback and enable two-way communication.
- Share best practices with department partners to help improve communication effectiveness across the company.
- Ensure communications reflect the voice, tone, and culture of Mailchimp.
- Collaborate with HR partners on change management and organizational restructure initiatives.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience writing for a variety of media and formats.
- Have demonstrated ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively from concept through execution and measurement. Must be flexible and able to adjust quickly to changing needs of the organization.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization, including executives. Must demonstrate professionalism and ability to explain communications strategies and techniques to them.
- Strong project management skills, comfortable determining relative priority of projects, and the ability to work under deadline. Ability to carry a significant writing and project workload.
- Fast-paced and self-motivating working style.
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking – approaches challenges and problems in a rational, thoughtful manner that assures understanding and effective resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related field required
- Five years of experience required, preferably developing and executing corporate and/or internal communications and facilitating change management.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.