Design Manager, Content Strategy
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Content Strategy Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience executing content strategies across digital media. You will lead a team of content practitioners and collaborate with design and product marketing teams to create compelling content for small business marketers.
What you'll do here:
- Manage a team of content practitioners responsible for designing and evaluating a variety of content types, from feature pages to onboarding flows.
- Collaborate with marketing, research, support, design, and product teams to understand requirements, user needs, and business goals.
- Develop and communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, sourcing plans, content types, template requirements, etc.
- Make recommendations that shape Mailchimp’s master content calendar, advocating for a user-centered, data-informed approach to content planning.
- Partner with design to define content patterns for CMS modules and optimize content templates.
- Plan large-scale content evaluation efforts and identify opportunities for content testing based on analytics, user feedback, and other performance data.
- Facilitate content critiques, lead workshops on topics like content design best practices and brand voice, and advise partners on content execution.
- Provide support and mentorship, onboard new team members, remove operational blockers, and identify opportunities for individual growth.
- Create tools, guides, and templates to empower content practitioners to do their best work.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 6+ years experience as a content strategist, content marketer, copywriter, or related position, ideally in a product-focused environment
- Experience managing and developing small teams
- Understanding of UX principles and experience working with research to validate decisions
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to contribute to both high-level strategy while being hands-on in the content design process
- Ability to manage relationships with cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Experience working with a headless CMS a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.