Senior Technical Content Producer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Technical Content team within our Customer Support department is made up of writers, producers, and content strategists who maintain our public knowledge base. We share a love for learning and a passion for helping our users succeed by simplifying complex concepts or instructions in an easy-to-understand way. We collaborate with many teams across Mailchimp to create exceptional documentation so our users can do their best work.
Technical Content is looking for a Senior Video Production Specialist to join our growing Technical Content team. An ideal candidate is a skilled, empathetic, and creative person who can research and simply explain complex concepts, using a variety of visual media. You are drawn to solve problems and care deeply about helping others. Building lasting relationships with your coworkers, you bring a diverse perspective to our fast-paced (and sometimes slightly weird) workplace. We value creative, self-driven individuals who are enthusiastic about the work they produce and the people they work with. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do here:
- Collaborate with producers, videographers, technical writers, and product teams to research and explain complex concepts using a variety of visual media, such as video, motion graphics, animations, gifs, or infographics for the Mailchimp Knowledge Base
- Maintain current visual assets to ensure they are consistent with new product releases and updates
- Execute shoots on site/on location including audio, camera operation, and talent direction
- Plan and perform video post-production tasks, including reviewing assets, making editorial decisions, logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, adding photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio, and music, and final editing; utilizes computer graphics and special effects; compress/encode video projects for output; make video products available in a variety of formats; observe brand standards, ensure consistency and relevancy to production; monitor technical quality of end product; and publish assets using our CMS
- Write, voice, and record voiceover as needed
- Work independently and within a team to meet production deadlines
- Organize and participate in brainstorming fresh, new ways of providing educational content to users
- Conceive of and develop creative solutions for addressing initiatives and strategic goals through visual assets
- Mentor and coach less senior videographers
- Research and test Mailchimp’s new app features
- Identify user needs based on user feedback, usage data, and product domain findings
- Use metrics to measure the success of visual assets
- Design, transport, set up, and operate production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, for on-location and/or studio productions
- Maintain equipment inventory
- Assess possible obstacles in filming and provide solutions or alternatives
- Evaluate the work of less senior videographers to ensure consistently high-quality assets
- Advise the team on standards, best practices, toolset, training, etc.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- 4+ years experience producing audio and visual content (content for instructional or educational purposes is a plus)
- Degree in media, production, instructional design, or related fields or work experience
- Strong experience working with NLE software (such as Screenflow, Premiere, Avid, Final Cut, Pro Tools, GarageBand, Audition, Sony Vegas, etc.)
- Comfortable working with Adobe design applications (Premiere, After Effects, Audition Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with audio recording and engineering (working with microphones, sound design, audio mixing plugins/tools, etc.)
- Strong experience with conceptualizing and executing creative, instructional video projects
- Comfortable prioritizing, starting, and managing projects independently and with a team
- Ability to work on new, changing, and fast-paced projects, and reiterate on them regularly
- Familiarity with working with brands and producing content following brand standards
- Experience with on-set camera, lighting, and audio
- Animation and motion graphic design a plus
- Have worked within product delivery teams and bringing up concerns in a group setting as needed
- Knowledge of the Canon c300 camera and screen capture for instructional videos a plus
- Photography and/or graphic design a plus
- Scriptwriting for vocal and visual performance a plus
- Bonus: Experience supporting and educating users with the Mailchimp app is not a requirement, but a huge plus.
Please include a reel and/or portfolio of related work with your application.
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.