Inside Sales Representative
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Inbound Sales team is the first point of human contact for prospective customers learning how Mailchimp adds value to their business. The team works with businesses ranging from completely new to digital marketing to those switching from other providers and looking to optimize. The Inbound Sales team is tasked with guiding conversations with prospective customers around the ROI of our platform offerings with features, integrations, pricing, and security, compared to competing marketing platforms. Through speedy relationship and trust building, the team encourages accelerated feature adoption leading to enhanced value from our platform. Our team's guidance sets businesses up for success before their first touch point with Tech Support. If you’re passionate about helping businesses grow, touting the benefits of smart marketing, and thrive on connections over the phone, in person, and via email with marketers, business leaders, and agencies, we’d like to talk to you.
We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about Mailchimp and eager to educate prospective customers on Mailchimp’s platform capabilities. An ideal candidate is a good listener who is comfortable asking clarifying questions to uncover prospective customer’s use cases. You will tie prospective customer marketing pain points to Mailchimp solutions while using conversational probing questions to qualify leads and build our pipeline. You will provide prospective customers with fast, accurate answers to their Mailchimp inquiries, informing prospects of the ways Mailchimp can help them become smarter marketers while growing their brand.
What you'll do:
- Monitor inbound channels (phone, email, & chat) and proactively respond to leads
- Own initial discovery conversations with prospective customers
- Dissect and qualify prospects' business goals to determine if Mailchimp can be a strategic investment for their business' growth
- Accurately capture customer information, including addresses and phone numbers, for future follow-up in our CRM
- Influence decisions to achieve win-win outcomes
- Translate Mailchimp’s features into benefits for the customer
- Use pre-built formulaic solutions and recommendations based on customer goals and objectives, including recommending best billing plans
- Offer competitive insights as to why Mailchimp is, or is not, a good fit for each prospective customer’s needs
- Maintain up to date knowledge on the market and competitive landscape
- Meet /exceed defined revenue, productivity and quality metrics
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 6 months with prior relevant experience
- You have strong written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to explain concepts to an international audience
- You are high energy, outgoing and capable of making a high volume of emails and phone calls
- You are metrics-driven to achieve assigned goals
- You have a solid understanding of our Terms of Service and AUP
- You have strong organizational skills in the work at hand
- You have the ability to work under general supervision
- You can pay attention to detail, follow-through, and be accountable
Bonus points if:
- You are multilingual in one or more major European languages
The target base salary for this role is $46,000 to $55,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.