Senior Manager, Strategy & Revenue Planning
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic Senior Mgr of Strategy & Revenue Planning who will be responsible for delivering corporate strategy and revenue growth plans for the organization. You’ll support the Senior Director of Strategy, CSO (Chief Strategy Officer) and other senior leaders to help define and shape Mailchimp’s strategic vision, our 3-5 year growth plan, and evaluate new opportunities for the business. This role will also be critical in leading the “always-on” strategic planning process to ensure that key functions and major initiatives have clear success criteria that ladder into broader plans.
What you'll do here:
- Help develop, refine, and enhance Mailchimp’s corporate strategies to ensure its ability to achieve and maintain top tier growth and performance.
- Help identify and prioritize potential business opportunities and evaluate potential investments, strategic partnerships and/or M&A activities, in conjunction with Mailchimp’s Corporate Development function.
- Develop strong processes, tools and frameworks for end-to-end strategic planning ( target setting, idea creation, debate, planning, resource allocation, accountability) which can be implemented company-wide.
- Help identify and execute high-impact company-oriented change through major strategy projects.
- Add strategic insight, galvanize discussion and facilitate debate across the organization on key strategic issues to generate ideas and creative solutions.
- Provide key inputs and analyses into pricing and promotional strategy and tactics as a lever to hit long-term strategic objectives
- Develop revenue management frameworks and model price optimization across price levers/initiatives
- Develop RM roadmaps with prioritization of key initiatives and execute projects to completion
- Guide cross-functional teaming to address pricing and marketing issues, as well as new initiatives
- Hire, develop, and manage analysts
- You have 6+ years of applied work experience in corporate or business development, corporate strategic planning, finance or related field, preferably with management consulting experience
- You have an MBA
- You have prior experience participating in or leading strategic planning activities, including demonstrated experience designing & enabling execution of complex, cross-functional initiatives, within a large-scale transformation context preferred.
- You are highly quantitative and are comfortable using data to make decisions
- You are comfortable creating frameworks to organize, explain, and solve problems
- You have proven experience structuring ambiguous problems, analyzing data from a variety of sources (quantitative and qualitative), synthesizing into insights, and driving toward actionable recommendations
- You are an influential communicator and are able to clearly explain complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- You have prior work experience within a technology (software) company or knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry is highly valued.
- You Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, and quantitative modeling
- You’re able to balance strong attention to detail while framing the big picture
- You are a fast learner with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains.
- You bring a creative approach to problem-solving and thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- You are highly motivated and able to drive work forward independently
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.