Marketing Technology Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of Mailchimp's platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions.
We are looking for a Marketing Technology Manager who will focus on procuring and building tooling within the Marketing Technology stack. You will be responsible for procuring, building, implementing, and maintaining the technology required to execute multi-channel campaigns to ensure the success of Mailchimp's All-In-One Marketing Platform for growing businesses, including: identifying cross functional marketing needs, architecting solutions, collaborating to create integrated marketing plans and working closely with the external vendors and internal engineering teams to drive a holistic customer experience.
You should have a deep understanding of the Marketing Technology stack, as well as software development practices to recommend a build versus buy strategy for executing multi-channel personalized campaigns. You will be looked to as the expert on the Marketing Technology stack and supported features and constraints.You will have a clear understanding of the business’ overall mission, marketings’ needs, measurement goals and be able to apply technology toward that goal in a way everyone can understand.
What you’ll do here:
- Be the Marketing Technology stack expert and drive innovative solutions that address marketing needs.
- As a Marketing Technology Manager you will lead the definition, documentation and deployment of the systems architecture, assessment of systems, and the development of a strategic technology roadmap (for Marketing).
- Understand marketing pain points and current marketing/advertising technology stack to define a clear and compelling plan, value proposition, and drive marketing tooling to address them.
- Leverage marketing performance data to provide infrastructure and technology investment counsel to marketing leaders.
- Lead marketing technology strategy and approach, ensuring implementation of new technology to meet current and future needs for marketing tech, data integration and campaign optimization.
- Prioritize, sequence, and manage the implementation of marketing tooling projects according to resource availability and timelines.
- Ensure existing tools are being utilized effectively and continue to meet the needs of marketing.
- Managing multiple stakeholders, deadlines, projects, budget requirements to execute the plan.
- Work with the engineering team to uncover new technical capabilities and use cases that they enable, define functionality and influence roadmap decisions for the marketing technology stack.
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing.
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 3+ years work experience managing and executing the marketing technology stack, including working with marketing analytics, engineering teams and marketing technology partners.
- Deep expertise with BigQuery, SQL, Google Analytics and the Google Marketing Platform including working with paid media data from Campaign Manager.
- Familiarity and experience with reviewing, configuring and managing marketing technology applications including Ads Data Hub, Google Tag Manager, Contentful, Netlify, Mailchimp, Pendo and Looker Actions.
- Familiarity and experience with martech platform APIs including Mailchimp, Google Cloud Platform, Google Marketing Platform, Megaphone, Wistia, OneTrust and Looker to propose solutions within their technical constraints.
- Familiarity with JIRA, GitHub, Elasticsearch and Machine Learning pipelines.
- Demonstrated leadership in the launch of technology tooling within marketing departments.
- You are a creative problem solver who listens hard, is highly observant, communicative and can organize people and ideas to get things done.
- You have a deep understanding of the Software Development Process required to deliver reliable software as a service application (SaaS) and have the ability to articulate the value of utilizing the right platforms to tackle marketing technology use cases.
- Experience in partnering with cross functional teams (marketing, engineering, datascience, design, product management, research, etc).
- Comfort in public speaking to both internal, external and executive audiences
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. CS or HCI experience preferred.
Bonus points: Candidates who can deeply understand a challenge and find a solution, then execute and develop a cross functional solution, and finally, deliver the solution to our customers and iterate are strongly encouraged to apply.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $112,000 to $124,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.