Engineering Manager, Open Commerce
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead and grow an engineering team building open source commerce software. You'll mentor and grow individual contributors, collaborate with the open source community, and lead teams responsible for Mailchimp Open Commerce.
We’re looking for someone with experience in open source or developer-facing software who has effectively worked with or led a distributed team.
This position is open to people with experience leading open source projects without traditional engineering management experience.
What you'll do:
- Foster an inclusive environment within your team and the Open Commerce community
- Lead and equip a distributed engineering team to develop and improve Mailchimp Open Commerce focusing on the developer experience, functionality, extensibility, and utility of the software
- Collaborate with and grow an established open source community via GitHub, forums, chat, and video calls and support the growth of the open source ecosystem around the product
- Coach and mentor decision making and problem solving and identify and sponsor growth opportunities for your team
- Partner with teammates to prioritize work, triage issues and eliminate obstacles in the team’s path
- Work with engineering leaders to ensure the team has appropriate skills and size to accomplish goals
- Facilitate and participate in technical discussions and decision making for the project including code reviews and RFCs or other technical proposals
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You’ve contributed to open source projects or been a leader in an open source community
- You’re a strong written and verbal communicator, able to distill and convey complex ideas to people with less knowledge or experience than you
- You have experience with developer-facing software projects
- You’re an empathetic leader who values bringing diverse perspectives to the table
- You drive clarity when things are ambiguous and operate calmly under pressure
- You are resilient, collaborative, persuasive and able to lead a team without resorting to authority
- You have experience delivering complex software via consistent, iterative releases
- You have a commitment to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Per Colorado law, the minimum base salary requirement for this role is $123,000.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.