Senior Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Manager, Employee Resource Groups
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Senior Program Manager of Business Employee Resource Groups (BERGs) will advance Mailchimp's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy by managing Mailchimp’s 7 Employee Networks.
This person will be responsible for providing strategic guidance and oversight to Business Employee Resource Groups and their leaders. Through building relationships with BERG executive sponsors and other key stakeholders, they will ensure comprehension and alignment to Mailchimp’s DE&I strategy. Collaborating with Business Employee Resource Group leadership, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and HR Business Partners, they will also develop and execute strategies for retention, engagement and promotion of diverse talent.
- Develop and launch new Business Employee Resource Groups (BERGs)
- Ensure alignment and integration of BERG strategic plans and programming with goals of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Monitor annual development curriculum for BERG leaders
- Plan and execute annual Employee Resource Group Leadership Summit
- Consider BERG membership databases, and provide other metrics as needed to provide relevant data, analysis and recommendations
- Onboard new BERGs and BERG Leaders and Executive sponsors in New Leader Onboarding
- Develop new opportunities to engage BERGs with Talent Acquisition and Performance Management, and other functions
- Deliver DE&I BERG Roadshow Presentation to business leaders and other stakeholder groups
- Act as a project manager for other assigned projects that support Mailchimp’s DE&I goals and objectives
- 5+ years in Diversity and Inclusion or Human Resources experience related with demonstrated business results working with employee networks and/or community relations
- Ability to work across different functions and build relationships with stakeholders and champions
- Experience designing data-driven programs
- Ability to navigate ambiguous business problems and develop streamlined programs to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to clearly articulate and reinforce diversity and inclusion strategy and the company's business case for diversity
- Forward-thinking, detailed-oriented, personable, excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- High level of literacy in Google Suite
- Ability to collect, analyze and share data via various mediums including Excel, Google Slides, PowerPoint, and summarized talking points
- Strong project management skills to handle complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure, with proven time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment and organize complex information
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity: cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make us unique
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.