Senior Analyst, Customer Analytics
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
This role sits within Strategy, a new and growing function at Mailchimp that supports the creation and deployment of corporate strategy and helps guide internal teams on driving business growth.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled Senior Analyst to join the Customer Analytics team. You will be responsible for producing impactful analyses, reporting, and processes leading to insights that help drive strategy.
We’re looking for an experienced collaborator with the technical skills to generate insights quickly and confidently, and who thrives on sharing those insights to influence action. This role will play an integral and highly visible role in combining analytical insights and business acumen to inform company wide strategies.
What you’ll do here:
- Provide actionable insights and a clear point of view on customer behavior and performance.
- Collaborate across internal research and analytics teams to provide business-level analytics and insights about our customers and industry, e.g. customer acquisition, churn, market sizing
- Contribute to a data-informed culture - identify and work to resolve data discrepancies, create data tables needed for analysis and automation
- Help manage and maintain our database in a SQL/BigQuery environment; run queries for ad hoc analyses and ongoing reports
- Create and maintain accurate and actionable reporting and dashboards to track key customer and industry metrics
- Monitor reporting and dashboards for changes in trends, share or present insights to stakeholders, and make recommendations
- Execute on short-term needs flawlessly, while keeping in mind long-term goals
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive experience in a customer analytics function
- Experience working with segmentation and other survey data as well as behavioral/first party data
- Familiarity with market sizing and market share measurement
- Ability to clearly translate complex analysis into a framework and language that internal stakeholders can understand
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, Excel, and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools (bonus points for Looker or Tableau experience)
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate and persuasively present data and conclusions in an organized manner to a wide variety of audiences and up to executive management
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.