Senior Technical Product Manager, App Marketplace
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
A Technical Product Manager understands how SaaS technology and technical products are accelerating and disrupting the market and apply that knowledge to ensure that the products we develop are built to high standards, are extensible and successfully scale. To be successful in this position a candidate must possess a combination of technical and product management expertise and have the ability to understand how technology goals align with our strategic direction. They must also be clear and effective communicators and be able to develop and nurture relationships with a cross-functional roles across Mailchimp.
Our App Marketplace empowers small businesses with solutions to meet their needs by enabling developers to add new solutions to our platform. As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading one of our App Marketplace squads, focused on extending our platform through external developers.
What you'll do here:
- Drive the overall prioritization, refinement and socialization of the roadmap for extending our platform with extension capabilities through external developers
- Lead the team to discover, design, and build our extensions platform such that it is beloved by users and can be supported by the business.
- Collaborate with Research to understand the competitive landscape and develop deep knowledge of customer and developer needs.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Growth teams to identify audiences and release strategy to drive product adoption
- Identify KPIs to monitor performance for opportunities to maximize performance or for course correction
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- You are capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer and partner needs
- You have a strong technical background with software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic and detailed levels
- You are adept at making complex technical information approachable to non-technical levels of the organization, ability to highlight the value of technical products in business terms
- You are knowledgable of engineering best practices across the product life cycle including coding standards, testing automation, source control management, release processes and operations
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills; comfortable interfacing with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- You have significant SaaS Marketing Platform, CRM or digital/e-commerce experience
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $128,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.