Security Engineering Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a Security Manager in the engineering space to help us build and grow our information security teams. You'll mentor and grow individual contributors and lead teams responsible for the security of our infrastructure, products, and platforms that the Mailchimp suite of products relies on.
There are two teams responsible for penetration testing, application security, operation security, vulnerability management, security incident response, security education, etc; these responsibilities are split between the teams. We are looking to mature and grow our security posture. We’re looking for someone who embodies the company motto of “Listen Hard, Change Fast”, has a desire to constantly improve things (processes and technology), and is willing to question our current thinking.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of high-performing security engineers in multiple office locations; this includes hiring and growing a diverse, inclusive team.
- Collaborate with engineers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with technical leads to prioritize work, ensure the team has appropriate skills and size to accomplish goals, and ensure any roadblocks are removed from the team’s path.
- Work with Product Development teams to ensure security is incorporated into development practices up front, and not as an afterthought.
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- Participate with peers and Directors to ensure the organizational structure is a help, and not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- Continually explore innovative business practices and determine fit for team and company.
- Partner with our CISO to ensure we continuously improve our security posture, and we’re working on the right next things.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about the career growth and development of our engineers.
- Have prior experience leading security engineering teams.
- Have a consistent record of running successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures.
- Are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it's challenging or ambiguous.
- Have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting.
- Understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas you feel passionately about.
- Commit to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.