Manager of Program Management
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Manager of Program Management should demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills, flexibility, positive attitude, and be a strong problem solver that is biased to action. This role should be a natural coach and mentor to the team on all things project and program management while knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally.
The Project Management Team is responsible for the communication, organization, and execution of the Mailchimp application development process. We resolve complex problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
What you'll do here:
- Interview and evaluate prospective project management talent and make effective hiring decisions
- Determine overall staffing requirements and balance workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department
- Ensure development plans, performance evaluations and career paths are documented and understood
- Train, coach and mentor employees for career growth, development and project management of their teams in a matrixed organization
- Promote and execute on continuous improvement of project and program management related processes
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts and principles to business initiatives.
- Develops, assesses and implements overall project and program management practices, methodologies and metrics for the team and business
- Manage high functioning, autonomous teams in a complex ecosystem that embraces change and adaptability
- Apply Agile and Lean concepts and principles to positively impact unique needs of the organization
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive Project and Program Management experience
- You have experience directly supervising project management teams
- You have expert level experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application of Agile and/or Lean methodologies
- You have an advanced understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
- You have accomplished written and verbal communication skills that are effective with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong leadership, collaboration, delivery, organizational and interpersonal skills
- You have a proven track record in risk mitigation, dependency management and escalation procedures
- You maintain a strategic perspective while optimizing systems or processes for the betterment of team performance
- You have a demonstrated use of project and program management techniques and enterprise tools
- You have the ability to lead cross functional teams through ambiguous situations to achieve strategic goals
- You excel in decision making abilities, business acumen, resilience and change leadership
- You have Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP)
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $118,000 (min) to $142,000 (mid). Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.