Manager of Program Management
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Manager of Program Management should demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills, flexibility, positive attitude, and be a strong problem solver that is biased to action. This role should be a natural coach and mentor to the team on all things project and program management while knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally.
The Project Management Team is responsible for the communication, organization, and execution of the Mailchimp application development process. We resolve complex problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
What you'll do here:
- Interview and evaluate prospective project management talent and make effective hiring decisions
- Determine overall staffing requirements and balance workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department
- Ensure development plans, performance evaluations and career paths are documented and understood
- Train, coach and mentor employees for career growth, development and project management of their teams in a matrixed organization
- Promote and execute on continuous improvement of project and program management related processes
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts and principles to business initiatives.
- Develops, assesses and implements overall project and program management practices, methodologies and metrics for the team and business
- Manage high functioning, autonomous teams in a complex ecosystem that embraces change and adaptability
- Apply Agile and Lean concepts and principles to positively impact unique needs of the organization
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive Project and Program Management experience
- You have experience directly supervising project management teams
- You have expert level experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application of Agile and/or Lean methodologies
- You have an advanced understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
- You have accomplished written and verbal communication skills that are effective with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong leadership, collaboration, delivery, organizational and interpersonal skills
- You have a proven track record in risk mitigation, dependency management and escalation procedures
- You maintain a strategic perspective while optimizing systems or processes for the betterment of team performance
- You have a demonstrated use of project and program management techniques and enterprise tools
- You have the ability to lead cross functional teams through ambiguous situations to achieve strategic goals
- You excel in decision making abilities, business acumen, resilience and change leadership
- You have Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP)
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.