VP of People
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As the Vice President of People, you will work with the People Strategy Leadership Team and executive leadership to deliver front-facing HR products and services in support of business objectives. In this role you will consult with senior stakeholders on strategy development and implementation, and change management needs in their respective areas. You will lead a team of People Partners (HR Business Partners) together with a team of HR generalists and operational administrators who are responsible for both front-end delivery in support of enterprise and functional people, organization and culture priorities, and back-end process excellence and improvement.
In this role you will not just lead from a distance, but work shoulder-to-shoulder with the People Partners in directly delivering solutions and interventions to customer business leaders.
What you'll do here:
- Collaborate with the People Strategy Leadership Team to design and deliver a progressive people roadmap which supports Mailchimp’s business strategy and growth potential.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to establish implementation and change management plans which allow strategy to be translated into action and results in customer departments so that specific measurable progress is made.
- Work across the organization to identify department-specific needs, bringing HR solutions to bear directly and through the People Partner team, as a player-coach.
- Drive the realization of Mailchimp’s People Department operating model which includes elevating the role of the strategic People Partner (HR Business Partner); continuous improvement and redesign of core people operations processes to make them simpler, smarter and faster and, in partnership with the People Data & Systems team, identification and deployment of technology to enable employee and manager self service while driving a customer experience mindset across the delivery of all products and services.
- Collaborate effectively with People Department COEs to ensure new business needs are diagnosed accurately, solutions meet identified customer needs, and enterprise processes and change are implemented effectively across departments.
- Ensure ongoing anticipation of, and compliance with, relevant employment laws and regulations across the organization’s geographic footprint, working in partnership with the Legal Team. Ensure the sourcing, development, delivery and evaluation of mandatory training to enable compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Ensure the effective investigation and resolution of employee complaints and grievances, delivering consistent, fair and equitable outcomes to the parties concerned.
- Drive the utilization of data, reporting and dashboards to enable effect tracking, transparency and stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate with People Strategy Leadership Team members in making presentations to broader Mailchimp leadership and employees on issues relating to the overall People Roadmap and Culture Reset.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 15+ years of progressive broad-based HR experience in a range of industry sectors / environments, to include each of the following:
- generalist strategic human resources business partnering in a U.S. and global setting
- employee engagement, culture development, diversity, equity and inclusion
- talent management
- change management
- organizational design and effectiveness.
- You have exposure to HR transformation strategies and the design and delivery of high quality, progressive HR products and services and/or experience in process improvement, business process redesign, employee experience and technology-enablement/automation of HR processes.
- You have experience of ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion across all people processes and practices.
- You have knowledge and direct experience of working in a high growth, technology-focused environment.
- You are a strategic leader who can show a clear connection between action and vision.
- You have proven experience collaborating across organizations to achieve shared objectives.
- You have the ability to represent your own interests while being fair to others and their areas and you easily gain the trust and support of others.
- You are experienced in creating a sense of belonging and strong team morale, you share wins and reward team efforts while fostering open dialogue and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in HR-related discipline. Master's Degree preferred.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.