Manager of Market Intelligence
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
This role sits within our Strategy Office, a new and growing function at Mailchimp that supports the creation and deployment of corporate strategy and helps guide internal teams to drive business growth.
The Manager of Market Intelligence is involved in setting the strategic direction for the business and works with leaders in Strategy, Product, Marketing, and CX & Design to help set priorities for the team. This working people manager delivers critical insights that inform decision-making and ensures that individual contributors have the resources and clarity they need to execute their work.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage, mentor, and develop the abilities of a team of researchers who are responsible for:
- Monitoring and understanding the competitive space that Mailchimp operates in
- Tracking small business, SaaS, e-commerce, and digital marketing trends
- Analyzing and monitoring market share in key markets
- Developing a deep understanding of competitors and complementary/adjacent tools
- Promoting awareness across the company by sharing insights about our competitive space
- Managing 3rd party research vendors, as needed
- Maintaining a global perspective through US & international research
- Provide ongoing, ad hoc, and regularly scheduled updates to leadership
- Identify opportunities for external research partnerships and manage relationships with 3rd party analysts (Gartner, Forrester, etc.)
- Review, critique, and edit team research deliverables (project plans, summaries, reports, slide decks, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders and partners across Strategy, Marketing, CX/UX, and Product to ensure smooth project hand-off and collaboration
- Balance and negotiate research requests from other departments around Mailchimp
- Support the growth and development of the team
- Help continually refine what competitor and industry research processes look like at Mailchimp
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 6+ years of applied experience in market research, competitive intelligence, or a related field
- You have 2+ years of management experience (ideally a combination of people and large-project management)
- You have proven experience structuring ambiguous problems, analyzing data from a variety of sources (quantitative and qualitative), synthesizing into insights, and driving toward actionable recommendations - and the ability to coach direct reports to do the same
- You are an influential communicator and are able to clearly explain complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- You have prior work experience within a technology (software) company or knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry
- You’re able to balance strong attention to detail while framing the big picture
- You are a fast learner with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains.
- You bring a creative approach to problem-solving and thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- You are highly motivated and able to drive work forward independently
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.