Researcher, Market Intelligence
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
This role sits within Strategy, a new and growing function at Mailchimp that supports the creation and deployment of corporate strategy and helps guide internal teams on driving business growth.
This Researcher is focused on analyzing and understanding the broader market and how Mailchimp fits into it. An ideal candidate listens hard, observes everything, and can synthesize large amounts of information into actionable insights. They should be an experienced researcher who’s comfortable working solo or as part of a team and collaborating with Mailchimp’s Product, Marketing, and CX & Design teams, among other departments. They must be a highly skilled communicator—a trusted source of information, an excellent writer, and diplomatic colleague.
What you’ll do here:
- Act as an expert on our industry and advocate for opportunities in the market
- Lead research projects independently or in collaboration with 1-2 other researchers
- Translate research needs into project plans, set scope, define strategy, and use the appropriate methods (qualitative, quantitative, or both)
- Identify, collect, and analyze data to understand market needs and opportunities for Mailchimp’s products
- Work with colleagues in Strategy, Product, Marketing, CX & Design, etc. to assess the competitive space, product positioning, and market fit
- Manage project analysis, create of the final deliverable, and take responsibility for deadlines
- Communicate research insights and recommendations across departments and up to leadership clearly, effectively, and diplomatically (through reports, presentations, casual conversations, cross-functional team meetings, internal newsletters, emails, etc.)
- Produce research deliverables (reports, presentation decks, etc.) that require minimal editing before they’re ready to share
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience leading and executing primary research projects (Minimum 2 years of research experience)
- Experience with competitive/market analysis (e.g. market sizing, market share, SWOT, etc.)
- Strong experience designing surveys, writing discussion guides, moderating interviews, analyzing data, translating findings into recommendations, and presenting work
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors (recruiting, research agencies, etc.)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Experience with translating research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- Willingness to travel up to 2 times a year
- Bonus Points:
- Experience conducting research for software companies
- Experience/knowledge of e-commerce
- International research experience
- Experience in company financial analysis and industry benchmarking
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.