Data Analyst, Strategy Analytics
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations and revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. We are seeking a motivated and energetic data analyst to support the growth of the analytics function of this team.
As an Analyst of the Core Analytics team, you will help build and maintain core analytics engines to enable more strategic, data-driven decision making at Mailchimp. In this role, you will develop statistical models to both help understand and better explain customer behavior and business trends as well as predict future business outcomes. You will partner with stakeholders across the company -- product, finance, marketing, legal, among others -- to support the business on strategic analytics requests and build cross-functional reporting to arm Mailchimp with insights that will help steer our future.
What you'll do:
- Understand both quantitative and qualitative research and trends related to the business and actively leverage those insights to help teams make data-informed decisions
- Conduct targeted analyses on high-priority topics and provide subject matter expertise on business analytics topics
- Generate insights through visualizations, dashboards, and advanced analytics
- Develop narratives and recommendations from analyses, build presentations, and present findings to business stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to understand business problems and define how analytic engines (e.g. machine learning / statistical modelling) could be used to drive value by addressing pain-points or helping Mailchimp capture market opportunities
- Collaborate with Mailchimp’s Data Science team to develop predictive models to help inform strategic business decisions (e.g., MMM, CLV, customer segmentation)
- Work alongside business stakeholders to ensure adoption and proper use of tools
- Collate data from across Mailchimp to maintain a set of clear, consistent, and comprehensive dashboards that track Mailchimp performance across functions on an on-going basis.
- Continuously improve scoreboard reporting and facilitate insight generation from scoreboard metrics – highlighting and decomposing trends and drilling down to identify underlying drivers
- Work closely with strategic initiative owners to develop, maintain, and automate reporting on impact and KPIs of cross-functional initiatives (e.g., revenue growth, upsell rates, cross sell rates, etc.)
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an analytics-focused role, prior work experience within a technology (software) company is a plus
- You're a SQL expert; experience working with Google BigQuery is a plus
- You have experience with statistical analysis in R/Python (regression, machine learning models, etc.)
- You have demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Looker and Tableau
- You have proficiency in wrangling and transforming data
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and creating actionable insights
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
The target base salary for this role is $77,000 to $92,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.