Director of Product Management, Partnerships
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Product Director, you will be responsible for the leadership development of product managers who own the development and delivery of the Partnerships product roadmap. You’ll be leading the product effort for both sets of our partners - integration partners as well as Mailchimp & Co, our freelance community helping users onboard and use Mailchimp. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about developing great experiences that provide value to customers and is knowledgable about how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally at a peer and executive level.
What you'll do here:
- You'll manage a team of Product Managers tasked with leading the App Marketplace and Mailchimp & Co product teams to make decisions that ensure the feasibility, viability, and marketability of each product being built
- You'll develop the partner product strategy and implementation across the platform, through the lens of both the partner and end user that help drive Mailchimp and partner objectives. This includes robust Partner Portals for our Partner audiences (service and technology partners) that serves as the home base for all partner related activities and our Marketplaces for our apps and service partners
- You'll effectively influence the priorities of Squads/Domains based on Strategic Goals and company performance
- You'll leverage insights to guide Product Management team in defining and measuring opportunities & impact
- You'll structure and optimize strategic conversations with Product Management and leadership
- You'll work with Group Product Managers and Domain Reps to drive cross-domain alignment
- You'll proactively identify potential problems with squads/functions and lead the teams to a resolution
- You'll support the team in delivering product in a data-informed and iterative manner; partner with Insights to drive greater experimentation
- You'll be responsible for career development for Product Manager’s at various levels
- You'll build meaningful relationships with peers and senior leadership
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional teams building alignment around the goal of a feature or product
- You have strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You possess strong analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have a proven track record (7+ years experience) of leading a Product Management team responsible for successfully delivering SaaS products at scale
- You have the ability to establish trust and credibility with senior leaders across multiple departments and functions
- You have the ability to manage competing priorities while balancing the needs of our customers to the needs of Mailchimp’s long-term strategy
- You have significant experience successfully collecting and transforming business requirements and market needs into a successful product strategy
- You are comfortable working on a strategic level with senior leadership and also on a tactical level with product teams
- You have a strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and a technical background in Engineering is a plus
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience in Marketing, Product, Design or Technology
- You have demonstrated work experience delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have experience developing a two-sided marketplace
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The target base salary for this role is $154,000 to $185,000 in Atlanta, $175,000 to $210,000 in Brooklyn, and $191,000 to $229,000 in Oakland. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.