Staff Analyst, Customer Experience
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations and revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. We are seeking a motivated and energetic CX data analyst to support the growth of the analytics function of this team.
We are seeking a Staff Analyst of Customer Experience Analytics to be a key pillar in a cross functional team, helping to develop and execute an analytics roadmap that helps our Customer Experience Differentiation team make data informed decisions. This person will play a critical role in balancing and prioritizing multiple analytics requests. You will partner with stakeholders across the company -- primarily product and design but also finance, marketing, legal, and others -- to support the business on strategic analytics requests and build cross-functional reporting to arm Mailchimp with insights that will help steer our future.
What you'll do here:
- Analyze large behavioral data sets to create a complete picture of the Mailchimp customer, their behaviors, and needs, turning them into actionable recommendations and insights that tie to larger strategic business goals
- Analyze multiple types of data (e.g., web traffic, product usage, orders, customer experience, etc. ) that provide a complete picture of users behavior from attraction, awareness, conversion, usage, and retention
- Manage sitewide tagging framework, implementation spec, and engineering requirements for web analytics tracking; oversee migration of web analytics tracking.
- Guide other CX analysts and researchers on the design, execution, and analysis of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research studies
- Own and build analytical tools and solutions addressing CX business needs and questions enabling better decisions by leadership
- Lead complex analytics requirements conversations, communicate with stakeholders to plan analysis approach, and guide key decisions
- Create new reporting and dashboards, data infrastructure, and queries to track key marketing metrics across multiple data sources leveraging SQL, R/Python and, Looker, Tableau, and other visualization tools; monitor for changes in trends, share insights and make recommendations
- Work with strategic initiative owners and key stakeholders to identify and conduct targeted analyses on high-priority topics; provide subject matter expertise on CX analytics topics
- Develop narratives and recommendations from analyses, build presentations, and present findings to business stakeholders
- Partner with strategic initiative owners and key stakeholders to define KPIs and build dashboard reporting to help the business make data-informed decisions
- Support experimentation design of to measure impact of product changes; synthesize and present results
- Coordinate data infrastructure work to ensure appropriate tracking is in-place to conduct high-quality analyses
- Build analytics roadmaps to support and align with Product roadmaps
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an analytics-focused role, prior work experience within a technology (software) company
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and create actionable insights
- You're an expert in SQL
- You have experience reporting on web, owned, social, and Organic Search using analytical tools
- You have experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- You have working knowledge of digital media, marketing, and web behavior measurement
- You have demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Looker and Tableau
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have experience working with cloud based data warehouses like Google BigQuery, Redshift, or Snowflake
- You have experience with mentoring others in User Experience Research practice
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business, analytics, or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
- You have expert knowledge of web analytics and user behavior analysis (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet 100% of the above requirements, if you meet at least 50% of the requirements studies show that you may still be considered, we’re excited to see your unique qualifications for the role!
Bonus points if:
- You've worked in an Agile Product Development environment
The target base salary for this role is $103,000 to $124,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.