Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will be responsible for producing impactful analyses, reporting, and processes leading to insights that help drive Marketing decision making. This role is both data-driven and strategic, focused on improving paid media efficiency through ongoing optimization and expanding measurement capabilities.The ideal candidate will have experience in similar marketing analytics roles with strong technical and analytical abilities.
As a part of the Marketing Analytics team, the work you do will have high visibility across Marketing and other departments as it is used for data-driven decision making guiding marketing investments.
What you’ll do here:
- Build analytical tools and solutions addressing Marketing business needs and questions enabling better decisions by leadership.
- Mine and interpret data and offer recommendations and insight around specific questions
- Create and maintain reporting and dashboards to track key marketing metrics across multiple data sources leveraging SQL, R/Python and, Looker, Tableau, and other visualization tools; monitor for changes in trends, share insights and make recommendations
- Assist with data assembly for media testing and media performance studies
- Develop solutions for automating reporting and repeatable analysis
- Manage template and delivery for a standard reporting cadence with appropriate levels of data granularity
- Evolve and adapt reporting methodologies in the ever-changing media landscape and business needs.
- Develop meaningful insights and stories from internal and external 3rd party data sources
- Interface across internal business teams as part of the process to provide analytics solutions
- Provide regular updates and generate quantitative results from marketing investments
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an analytics focused role
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (analytics, computer science, or mathematics a plus)
- You have 1-2 years experience in media analytics or advertising analytics preferred
- You understand media technology, ad serving platforms, and marketing data systems
- You have experience reporting on media spend, efficiency, and optimization a plus
- You have experience with eCommerce and/or software-as-a-service (SaaS) business models
- You have an ability to translate business objectives into measurable goals and KPIs
- You have the ability to translate technical data into a framework and language that internal clients can understand
- You have moderate working knowledge of SQL, R, and/or Python
- You have some experience in a position leveraging Digital Analytics
- You have experience in wrangling and transforming data
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have hands-on experience with data visualization tools
- You have experience with media reporting platforms like Campaign Manager and Facebook Ads
- You have experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- You have experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), and presenting the data in a clear and concise manner
- We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet 100% of the above requirements, if you meet at least 50% of the requirements studies show that you may still be considered, we’re excited to see your unique qualifications for the role!
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Google BigQuery
- Experience with SaaS business models
- Experience with Search Ads 360
The target base salary for this role is $77,000 to $92,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.