Business Solutions Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Support Business Solutions team manages the day to day Customer Team software tools used to provide our customers with an exceptional interaction experience. We partner closely with Support, Engineering, Product, Marketing and many others to ensure there are no interruptions to our teams, enhancement and defect management and implementation of new tools.
As a Business Solutions Manager, this role is responsible for managing a team that oversees our software tools utilized by customer facing teams. Partners with internal customers on business as usual and strategic projects by identifying team assignments, determining prioritization using an Agile methodology. Collaborates with stakeholders and teams from across Mailchimp to ensure requests are completed according to identified scope and requirements.
Our ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technical expertise while balancing the management of people and projects. Customer focused, tenacious problem solving collaborative approach with a laser focus on contributing to improving the customer experience while pushing their team to be innovative.
What you'll do:
- Develop and lead a team with the skills, capabilities, and passion necessary to successfully drive and sustain a customer obsessed culture
- Lead the team through planning to identify sprints scope, timelines and execution
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (Customer, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, etc.), including the participating of stand-ups, planning, showcases and retrospectives
- Understand and prioritize stakeholder needs and partner with the team to translate them into application functionality
- Building successful relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels with clear communication, acting as a trusted advisor and understanding their business needs
- Guide and mentor team with creation and management of their personal development plans
- Set clear and challenging goals for direct reports that support organizational-wide initiatives and hold team members accountable for performance
- Stay up to date on emerging application technologies and best practices
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years experience as a manager of people in an operations role
- You have experience leading teams supporting and managing software tools
- You have the ability to exercise sound judgement, team alignment, and display an appropriate sense of urgency
- You have a positive “can do” attitude while assuming best intentions and aligning with organizational goals and team members
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional team building alignment around the goal of a feature or product enhancement
- You have the ability to lead and navigate programs involving cross-functional teams
- You have working experience with delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have a technical background with software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- You have working experience in Agile project management and tools (JIRA, etc.)
- You are experienced with complex technical integrations (APIs, web services, etc.)
- You are able to make complex technical information approachable to non-technical team members
- You are able to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- You have strong verbal and written communication
- You have high standards of accuracy and precision; are extremely organized
The target base salary for this role is $83,000 to $100,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.