Support Product Owner
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Support Business Solutions team manages the day to day Customer Team software tools used to provide our customers with an exceptional interaction experience. We partner closely with Support, Engineering, Product, Marketing and many others to ensure there are no interruptions to our teams, enhancement and defect management and implementation of new tools.
As a Support Product Owner, this role is responsible for managing the activities of our Software Tools by creating and maintaining roadmaps, represents the business stakeholders and acts as the “voice of the customer” on projects, and ensures that the technical team delivers value to the business. Maintains prioritized list of business features and/or functionality in a product backlog, generally in the format of user stories. The “keeper” of the vision and goals for the software tools, while working with the business stakeholders and customers to understand what is needed.
The ideal candidate will have a customer focus, tenacious problem solving collaborative approach with an interest in contributing to improving the customer experience while pushing others to be innovative.
What you'll do:
- Oversight of software tools roadmaps, backlog prioritization and refinement, user story development and defining acceptance criteria
- Lead product teams through planning to identify sprints scope; identify opportunities to validate product direction through MVPs
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (Customer, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, etc.), including the participating of stand-ups, planning, showcases and retrospectives
- Understand and prioritize stakeholder needs and translate them into application functionality
- Aligning projects to company objectives, understanding of the business value or return on investment and develops project timelines according to organizational needs
- Diagnose and resolve issues with the product by partnering with internal teams to better understand obstacles and potential solutions
- Proactively identifies project challenges that arise, outlines options for recommended solutions, and escalates as needed
- Establishes communication plan with key stakeholders to inform relevant teams of project status
- Building successful relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels with clear communication, acting as a trusted advisor and understanding their business needs
- Stay up to date on emerging application technologies and best practices
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years experience as a Product Owner
- You have working experience with delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional team building alignment around the goal of a feature or product enhancement
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have the ability to lead and navigate programs involving cross-functional teams
- You have a technical background with software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- You have working experience in Agile project management and tools (JIRA, etc.)
- You have experience with complex technical integrations (APIs, web services, etc.)
- You are able to make complex technical information approachable to non-technical team members
- You are able to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- You have strong verbal and written communication
- You have high standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The target base salary for this role is $107,000 to $128,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.