Software Engineer III, Mobile
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a full stack software engineer to join a distributed Mobile product team to build features on the Mobile platforms. As an all-in-one marketing platform, Mailchimp is growing fast and is working on new products to help small businesses grow. Leveraging many unique features built for Mobile, Mailchimp Mobile apps are desktop “companions” serving our customers while they are on-the-go. Mailchimp Mobile engineers enjoy the camaraderie of a mobile-specific product team. We are curious builders who make a big impact by embracing creativity and independence — your thoughts and ideas can quickly turn into valuable assets. You will be working with front-end/back-end engineers as well as iOS/Android engineers to deliver great mobile user experiences.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration, and action. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You should be comfortable with distributed teams, and excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.
What you’ll do:
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation.
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing, contributing to the team’s test suite, and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
- Share your knowledge with teammates through code review, office hours, documentation, blog articles, Tech Talks, and other avenues.
- Empower team members through technical mentoring, and contributions to the team’s documentation
- Investigate and resolve defects and ensure a high standard of application performance.
- Help ideate, scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a professional software development role involving building APIs using PHP or on Google Cloud Platform.
- You have experience driving technical projects, and making technical decisions.
- You work independently, make reasoned decisions about work priority, and can identify dependencies.
- You’re comfortable with troubleshooting and debugging large applications.
- You enjoy automating repetitive processes to increase team efficiency and reduce overall toil.
- You’re comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You’re a thoughtful communicator - effective written communication is key for a distributed team.
- You are excited about measuring and improving application performance.
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $100,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.