Security Engineer III
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for Engineers in this role to assist in securing the Mailchimp platform through advancements to Mailchimp’s product security, mentoring fellow engineers to produce better, more secure code, while helping drive improvements within Security and Engineering as a whole.
Security Engineers work closely with our in-house Penetration Testers and Security Operations team. Our ideal candidate is a highly-experienced Engineer with hands-on security experience who has excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What you’ll do here:
- Work with teams across the organization to promote security best practices, understand problems, and collaborate on solutions all while staying current with emerging security standards.
- Conduct security architecture discussions, code reviews, and lead security-related projects.
- Identify broad, impactful areas for improving the security of Mailchimp’s platform.
- Provide mentorship for and share expertise with teammates through training, contribution to documentation, and other avenues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for security incidents and assist in incident response processes.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in full-stack, frontend, or backend development.
- You have an understanding of common web application stacks and patterns: LAMP, LEMP, MVC.
- You have reviewed and provided recommendations for security architectures and/or assisted teams for designing secure systems in either a cloud environment (Google, Amazon or Azure) or on-prem.
- You have a solid foundational knowledge of web application security concepts.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.