Security Software Engineer III
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for Engineers in this role to assist in securing the Mailchimp platform through advancements to Mailchimp’s product security, mentoring fellow engineers to produce better, more secure code, while helping drive improvements within Security and Engineering as a whole.
Security Engineers work closely with our in-house Penetration Testers and Security Operations team. Our ideal candidate is a highly-experienced Engineer with hands-on security experience who has excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What you’ll do here:
- Work with teams across the organization to promote security best practices, understand problems, and collaborate on solutions all while staying current with emerging security standards
- Conduct security architecture discussions, code reviews, and lead security-related projects
- Identify broad, impactful areas for improving the security of Mailchimp’s platform
- Provide mentorship for and share expertise with teammates through training, contribution to documentation, and other avenues
- Participate in an on-call rotation for security incidents and assist in incident response processes
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in full-stack, frontend, or backend development
- You have an understanding of common web application stacks and patterns: LAMP, LEMP, MVC
- You have reviewed and provided recommendations for security architectures and/or assisted teams for designing secure systems in either a cloud environment (Google, Amazon or Azure) or on-prem
- You have a solid foundational knowledge of web application security concepts
If you are excited about the role, even if some of the areas don’t perfectly align to your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $104,000.00. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.