Director of People Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As the Director of People Operations, you will lead the development and delivery of HR products and services to managers and employees in support of business objectives and the overall employment lifecycle. In this role, you will own core lifecycle processes; employment policies, resources and guides; ensure the provision of front-line advice and guidance on policies, procedures and employee relations, in service of delivering a seamless, world-class employee experience. You will have the opportunity to shape service delivery to become the best in class. You will also partner with the other People Dept Leaders to drive the People Strategy. We are looking for a leader who is excited to tackle dynamic challenges and develop innovative solutions that power our business.
What you'll do here:
- You will shape, define and ensure the effective and efficient delivery of People Operations and Employee Relations services.
- You will manage the administrative responsibilities of the People Operations team, performing operational duties required to keep our processes running efficiently and effectively.
- You will manage compliance programs, mandatory filings, policy updates and employee compliance training.
- You will partner with executives and department managers to assist in mediation and conflict resolution, as well as other personnel matters; as well as advising department managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances.
- You will foster strong cross-functional relationships with Culture, Talent Acquisition and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows.
- You will design and implement high-quality, technology-enabled processes that drive efficiency for the People team, our employees, and key business functions.
- You will enable a data-driven Employee relations team, including building and maintaining all employee relations data, trends and processes and providing regular reporting to the executive leadership team.
- You will periodically audit and ensure that our onboarding processes are compliant and optimized to meet the needs of our business and employees.
- You will assist the VP of People in providing support and guidance to a team of 4 People Partners - each supporting managers and leaders across the business.
- You will partner with the Vice President of People and the People Partners to deliver solutions and interventions to customer business leaders.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 7-10 years progressive experience leading a people operations function with specific experience in designing and implementing an efficient and effective people operations function for a rapidly scaling organization.
- You have a strategic mindset with a relentless focus on execution.
- You build systems and processes that go from “scrappy” to “scaled.” A systems thinker, you connect the dots between business needs and efficient, tech-enabled solutions. You’ll be seasoned in process improvement and optimization.
- You have a structured, business-oriented problem solving approach and proven experience in executing a functional strategy to drive tangible results.
- You have demonstrated success in driving large cross-functional initiatives for which there wasn’t a pre-existing playbook.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator.
- You build consultative relationships with stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- You love measuring impact. You leverage data from a range of sources to tell a story, diagnose problems and opportunities, drive alignment, and implement change.
- You have a knowledge of US employment laws.
- You are a strong leader with a track record of building and growing high performing teams. You care deeply about your team and their growth.
- Strong working experience across all People Operations functional areas including recruitment, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $142,000 to $170,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.