Executive Assistant, Chief Experience Officer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Executive Assistant – Chief Experience Officer
Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our Executive Assistant – Chief Experience Officer provides the highest Executive level administrative, business and executive brand support to the CXO. You will likely support (at minimum) one additional VP within the CXD organization as time progresses and business needs arise. The ideal candidate should be organized, proactive, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, committed, and passionate about his/her work as an administrative & Executive business support partner to senior level leadership. You should come with knowledge of the Design and/or Creative world within Marketing/Advertising/Tech. This role will report to our Director of Administrative & Office Operations.
You should be a team player with a positive attitude and a professional disposition. Confidentiality and discretion are key for this role and must be taken seriously. Due to the visibility of the position, you will need to work well with all levels at Mailchimp and external partners and build trustworthy relationships across various functions.
What you’ll do here:
- Assist CXO daily as your top priority and gatekeep: schedule & attend meetings, take extensive notes and provide follow ups, learn the business of the CXO in order to prioritize business needs appropriately, organize & track projects, ensuring our CXO is appropriately and proactively prepared for all meetings and logistics are arranged ahead of time to optimize work/life balance
- Know and understand the nomenclature of Design and Customer Experience, be passionate about the importance Design and CX brings to our product for our Customers
- Heavy business & personal calendar management for the CXO; be flexible to work with last minute changes and additions while ensuring the day-to-day needs of business are met while ensuring home life calendaring does not conflict and is accommodated, mitigating stressful reactions and streamlining your ‘juggling’ with a can-do resourceful attitude
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring utmost confidentiality and discretion, initiative, and sound decision-making
- Plan and execute all associated logistics around meetings (presentation writing / coordination, agendas, copies, room setup, catering), initiate and coordinate departmental leadership and off-site meetings, conferences, etc
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements as needed, create detailed itineraries for the Executive(s) and process expense reports in a timely fashion
- Presentation creation and editing experience expected via google slides and/or powerpoint, keynote
- Maintain organized systems and repositories of all appropriate communications, presentations, and documentation
- Collaboration & close work with Mailchimp leadership, staff, and all Administrative team partners as needed
- Build and maintain close relationships with the teams who report to the Executives, be the Exec’s eyes and ears on the ground, be a funnel of information flow, alert the executives of important cultural issues within team, plan and manage cultural events and outings for the Executive’s leadership teams and broader department
- Be proactive vs reactive, anticipating the needs of Executives before being asked as much as possible
- Be open to both business and personal project management; working closely to maintain personal life appointments and family matters / needs as it relates to CXO
- As directed by the Director of Administrative Operations and their expectations of your position; attend and provide valued insights in Administrative Operations meetings, set and meet goals, work on team projects as assigned, show passion in learning & development to continue growth in your Administrative role and Executive business management
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 5 or more years experience in a C-Suite support capacity, Executive Assistant support role at the highest corporate level. Prior Executive Leadership Team member support is required. Experience within a Design/Creative space at a Tech, Marketing, or Advertising company is required.
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Have strong problem solving and quick thinking skills
- Independently explore and learn about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment
- Are a strong team player, collaborate well with other executive assistants and are willing to chip in and help in other areas
- Have experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience
- Have excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail
- Have strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly
- Think ahead, minimizing potential problems
- Are proactive in identifying areas to improve
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate openly and directly, can adjust communication to level of audience, and respond professionally
- Have the ability to handle highly confidential material
- Have the ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment
- Have Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google suite
- Take initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $67,000 to $80,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.