Risk and Internal Audit Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Risk Oversight and Audit Operations Team at Mailchimp is responsible for driving the enterprise risk management methodology; including, managing the enterprise risk portfolio, assessing risk, and determining risk response. Our team is also responsible for managing third party assessments of our control environment (including PCI DSS, SOC II, and ISO 27001). We also design and perform internal tests of controls and operational audits as necessary over processes that impact financial reporting and our security posture.
We are looking for a well rounded individual with robust audit experience, capable of designing, managing, and executing on risk based internal audit plans over security and financial control frameworks. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, challenging, and continuously evolving environment, that requires multi functional collaboration and teaming, then this role could be a good fit for you. This role will add to a core team that works closely together in problem solving, but expects a high degree of autonomy and independence. As our responsibilities continue to grow and evolve functionally, we need an individual who can come in and contribute right away, who likes to work up tempo, and has confidence in their ability to design and execute audits and test of control programs.
What you’ll do here:
- Design and execution of annual internal audit programs as dictated by the ISO 27001 security framework
- Assist in management of third party assessments/certifications; such as, PCI DSS and ISO 27001; manage consulting team personnel through control testing and challenge areas as necessary
- Participate and manage various components of the enterprise wide risk assessment methodology to identify risks, execute risk assessment surveys internally, maintain risk portfolio, risk response documentation, and advise on gaps and solutions for executing risk mitigation projects
- Design and manage risk based operational audit programs and control testing procedures for high risk areas, areas of control failure, or as generally determined by leadership
- Manage annual testing methodology of controls over financial reporting; including walkthroughs, flowcharting, identification of key controls over financial reporting, and annual control testing efforts; providing summary of results for process owners/leadership
- Build and manage relationships across the organization, promoting the purpose and value of control testing; coach process owners/functions through recommended remediation and solutions
- Manage internal control testing, operational audits, and risk methodology workflows within AuditBoard; with a continuous improvement mentality
- Stay current with industry standards and best practice within ISO 27001, PCI DSS, SSAE18, and SOX frameworks
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a Masters degree in Accounting or Finance
- You have a CPA, CIA and/or CISA
- You have 5+ years experience in Auditing, SOX Controls, Security Controls, Risk Management
- You have experience with PCI DSS, SSAE18, and ISO 27001 frameworks
- You have prior Audit/Consulting Experience, particularly with SOX controls in a public company environment
- You’ve worked in the Technology industry, particularly with a SaaS business model
- You’re experienced with Auditboard Controls/Operational Audit/Risk Modules, or similar industry leading tools
- You have understanding and experience in an Agile Internal Audit Function
- You are strong in Project Management and have experience with Microsoft Visio for flowcharting
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $103,000 to $123,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.