Senior Network Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a high-level network engineer to join the Network Engineering team at Mailchimp. The role will work closely with a team of Network Engineers in the areas of network design, automation, route/switch and security. The ideal candidate will have an extensive network foundation to support the team and organization. They should be able to work within large groups cross functionally to encourage high levels of collaboration that take the concerns of both the product and the other Operations teams into account.
You will play a pivotal role in the design and implementation of our network strategy to ensure we maintain a cutting edge of technology. The Senior Network Engineer will be ensuring all equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls and access points are tested, configured, ready for deployment, and properly installed. Network design and development for future technologies will be expected. Troubleshooting and decision making both with and without team support. This Senior Network Engineer will be expected to apply knowledge of network engineering to ensure all projects and deliverables are completed accurately and on time, while providing the best product for our customers and embody MailChimp’s core values of humility, creativity, and independence.
What you'll do here:
- You will be responsible for configuring routers, switches, firewalls and access points
- Network design for future enhancement and expansion
- Network security to track and correct any applicable information security deficiencies, conditions, weaknesses, findings, and gaps identified by audits, reviews, security control assessments, and tests
- Ensure and validate all network equipment is set up correctly and ready for deployment
- Assists in the staging, configuration and testing of all network related devices
- Work within a team environment and apply knowledge of IT and network engineering concepts to complete projects and initiatives on time
- The ability to troubleshoot independently in downtime or outage situations
- The ability to operate in remote locations solo to produce full connectivity for users
- Participate in all required activities to include interfacing with stakeholders outside of Engineering on large-scale project planning.
- Provide technical leadership in formulating requirements, and in identifying critical engineering requirements.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as portability, compatibility, or usability.
- Develop guidelines for systems monitoring to ensure maximum availability, uptime, and performance. Participate in proactive capacity planning to support changing business requirements.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve system performance issues and outages. Participate in cross-functional technical teams in the identification and resolution of complex technical issues.
- Advanced script development and the adoption of tools to automate repeatable systems management activities.
- Participate in the design, delivery and regular testing of high availability and disaster tolerant solutions. Deliver proven statements of capability to the organization.
- Collaborate as a member of design teams consisting of cross-functional technical resources in the provisioning of complex business solutions.
- Ensure documentation standards are created and adhered to.
- Develop Disaster Recovery scripts and procedures and lead the testing and recovery process.
- Acts as technical lead on assigned projects. Takes responsibility for completion of assigned project tasks.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience with Cisco ISR/ASR Routers
- Cisco Catalyst/Nexus Switches
- Cisco ASA/Firepower Firewalls
- Cisco WLC/Wireless Networks
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- BGP, EIGRP and OSPF protocols
- LAN/WAN cabling to include fiber optic
- Secure VPN, IPSEC, and MPLS knowledge
- Active Directory, DNS and DHCP knowledge
- Cloud Computing is a plus (GCP, AWS)
- Skybox knowledge is a plus
- Cisco ISE is a plus
- VMware knowledge is a plus
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $120,000 to $144,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.