Network Tools Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a network tools engineer to join the Networking team at Mailchimp. The position will manage and advance current tools used to administer key infrastructure operations. They should be able to work within large groups, with cross-functionally, to encourage high levels of collaboration. The candidate should be able to take the concerns of both the product and the other operational teams into account.
This role will play a pivotal role in the implementation of our network security strategy. The Network Tools Engineer will be ensuring we maintain a cutting edge security posture on all tools maintained by the Networking team.
What you'll do here:
- You will proactively manage and administer all tools used by the Networking team
- Assist in the testing, certification and approval of all new software versions and upgrades
- Manage the product life-cycle of all tools, hardware and software related to Networking
- Collaborate with team members and vendors to enhance and expand tool set capabilities
- Ensure all tool suites are up to date and certified for security and vulnerability management
- Conduct in-depth technical reviews of new and existing systems in order to bring these systems into compliance with established policy and industry guidelines.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have Baseline knowledge of network security and networking fundamentals
- Ability to operate the use of network tools, solutions, process, and policies to ensure an acceptable level of security and further improvement.
- Ability to function in a team environment of multiple experience levels
- Create and maintain network tools documentation.
- Experience with industry standard network monitoring platforms
- Experience with Windows Servers, Linux Servers and VMWare platforms
- Proficient understanding and experience enforcing best practice concepts
- Experience with Extrahop, SolarWinds and Cisco ISE is a plus.
- Automation experience with Python or Ansible is a plus
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $68,000 to $82,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.