Corporate Financial Analyst
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a well rounded financial analyst to join our Finance team and work directly with the Director of Finance to maintain the financial integrity of the organization. You'll ensure that the company maintains sound financial management practices while producing and analyzing financial insights across all operations related to budgeting, forecasting and metrics analysis.
What you'll do here:
- Support Director in providing timely and effective management reporting and analytics, including monthly BVA analyses and performance of key metrics
- Create quantitative analyses and findings from large datasets by understanding the “story” behind the numbers and designing, creating and communicating clear and effective visuals to varying audiences.
- Use SQL to build custom reports based on data from multiple sources
- Build out and maintain Finance monthly revenue reporting and analysis processes
- Perform financial close and forecast activities, analyze actual results and provide guidance for short/long-term financial improvements
- Assist in developing ad-hoc analyses and financial models to provide decision support and go-forward recommendations tied to strategic initiatives
- Assist in development of financial reporting presentations
- Work closely with business and cost center owners on expense roll-up and management review
- Assist in development, preparation and analysis of the annual budget
- Own financial forecasting models in our financial planning system
- Collaborate with all Finance functional areas including Corporate Development, Accounting, Tax and Treasury.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong ability to build advanced financial models in all areas of operations
- You have an MBA or bachelor's degree in finance or a related field and 5-7 years of experience in finance
- You have expert knowledge of MS Excel
- You have a basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have a track record of building trusted relationships & influencing others
- You have the ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of operations/functions
- Knowledge of SQL with Adaptive Insight and Tableau experience a plus
The target base salary for this role is $75,000 to $90,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.