Senior Software Engineer, Android
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Senior Android engineer to join a distributed Mobile product team to build features on the Android platform. As an all-in-one marketing platform, MailChimp is growing fast and is working on new products to help small businesses grow. Leveraging many unique features built for Mobile, Mailchimp Mobile apps are desktop “companions” serving our customers while they are on-the-go. Mailchimp Mobile engineers enjoy the camaraderie of a mobile-specific product team. We are curious builders who make a big impact by embracing creativity and independence — your thoughts and ideas can quickly turn into valuable assets.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration, and action. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You should be comfortable with distributed teams, and excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.
What you'll do here:
- Build new Mobile features from concept through implementation.
- Work with other leads to set technical direction and best practices on the Android platform.
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Help ideate, scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Investigate and resolve defects, and ensure a high standard of application performance.
- Contribute to CICD pipelines, tooling and automation, maintenance and future proofing.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing, contributing to the team’s test suite and peer reviews.
- Share your knowledge with teammates through documentation, technical mentoring, Pull Request reviews, office hours, blog articles, Tech Talks, and other avenues.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing large-scale, commercial mobile apps in an Android environment setup for Continuous Integration
- You are comfortable developing in Java and Kotlin
- You can reference apps you have developed in the Google Play store.
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and team discussions.
- You’re comfortable with troubleshooting and debugging large applications.
- You enjoy automating repetitive processes to increase team efficiency and reduce overall toil.
- You’re comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, generating ideas or providing estimates that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You’re a thoughtful communicator and a strong aptitude for giving.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $121,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.