Revenue Accountant II
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Accounting team is responsible for all accounting and the basis of financial reporting for Mailchimp. We’re looking for a Revenue Accountant II to perform the Order to Cash reconciliation process and help ensure the integrity of our revenue reporting. This role reports to the Revenue Accounting Manager.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Accountant who has strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail. You will play a key part in our monthly close process, working with large volumes of data in multiple currencies to ensure our homegrown billing system is operating effectively and to help resolve any inconsistencies. Additionally, you will help identify opportunities to improve repetitive processes and create efficiencies within the Order to Cash cycle.
What you’ll do here:
- Prepare analysis of orders to cash on a weekly/monthly/annual basis and review for completeness and accuracy
- Adapt and analyze large data sets from external and internal sources using a mixture of Excel and BigQuery
- Prepare and import monthly revenue activity into NetSuite; updating imports for new product introductions
- Prepare month-end close journal entries
- Complete monthly reconciliations and rollforwards within close deadlines
- Investigate discrepancies and partner with internal teams to resolve billing inconsistencies
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Order to Cash cycle
- Maintain process and policy documentation
- Assist with special projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- You have 2 or more years of Accounting experience
- You have working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You possess intellectual curiosity and a questioning attitude
- You are able to prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to changing circumstances
- You are proficient in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, formulas, a plus)
- You have an interest in learning SQL and database tables (a plus)
Nice to haves:
- You have experience with SaaS companies
- You have experience with NetSuite or other ERP system
- You have experience with Order to Cash reconciliations
- You have experience with SQL or Google BigQuery
- You are a CPA or CPA candidate
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $65,000 to $78,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.