Senior Program Manager, Marketing
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Senior Program Manager, Marketing is responsible for managing large campaigns and media programs to help the marketing/paid media organization drive the Mailchimp brand and shape the perception of our products. This is a great opportunity to work with a world-class team and increase team productivity by helping to evolve and optimize processes and programs with impacts to all areas of the business.
Our ideal candidate is a proven leader with a strong talent for project coordination and delegation. You are a change leader who is able to strategize and implement new processes and marketing/paid media programs that can scale. You possess strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, technical savvy, and are comfortable initiating and leading initiatives with colleagues and management at all levels. You enjoy working independently in an ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
If you are motivated by a desire to optimize productivity and nurture successful programs from start to finish, we'd love to meet you.
What you'll do here:
- You will collaborate with different teams throughout the company to drive alignment on large multi-touch campaigns, paid media programs, and other initiatives
- Work closely with marketing leadership and peers in paid media, design, product, and elsewhere to understand the impact of programs to the business and facilitate project prioritization, staffing, planning, and execution practices
- Collaborate with different teams throughout the company to drive alignment on initiatives and ensure the execution of marketing programs are aligned to the company strategy
- Grow and develop a team of marketing program and project management professionals to oversee support tasks and help drive project delivery
- Identify opportunities for continual process improvement and lead the implementation of best practices across cross-functional teams
- Identify and oversee maintenance of appropriate program documentation and communicate timely updates of status, achievements, and potential challenges to the Marketing Leadership and Executive Teams
- Create frameworks, tools, best practices and standards for marketing program management to improve team cohesion and performance
- Build relationships throughout the organization, including other program and project management teams, to drive collaboration in complicated situations
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 12+ years of experience in management consulting, business operations, program or project management, paid media and strategy in technology, marketing, or similar fields
- Experience managing a team of project and program management professionals, preferably in an agile environment
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing, Business Management, or related field
- A broad knowledge of project and program methodologies with demonstrated ability to align efforts across multiple departments and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and lead others through those changes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to educate through a balance of persuasiveness with active listening of diverse perspectives to achieve positive results
- Very strong organization, problem solving, and follow-through
- Demonstrated use of techniques and tools to scope, prioritize, and coordinate complex projects, including websites, marketing enablement technology, and other digital application initiatives and implementations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and get the most important work done first
- Project Management and/or Agile Certifications (PMP, CSM)
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Proficiency with Workfront or other project management tools such as Basecamp, Asana, or similar; plus Atlassian tools including JIRA, Trello, and Confluence
- Advanced Project Management and/or Agile Certifications (PgMP, PMI-ACP)
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Management, or related field
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $98,000 to $118,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.