Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Systems and Business Solutions team manages the day to day Customer Team software technology programs used to provide our customers with an exceptional interaction experience. We partner closely with Care, Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Product, Marketing and many others to ensure the selection, implementation, and ongoing governance of tools is managed and that they provide maximum value to the department and organization with minimal disruption.
We’re currently seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead the program implementation and manage the ongoing governance of the CRM on behalf of the enterprise. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead cross-functional teams representing the company, create a multi-year strategy focused on optimizing our customer journey while driving operational excellence across the organization.
The right candidate will have strong project management and delegation skills, is motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion. As the “keeper’ of the vision, they will creatively lead stakeholders and internal customers through the technology transformation, all while working in a high paced, energized environment.
What you'll do here:
- Structure, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Identify and create KPIs, tracking and reporting of program performance that align with company goals and objectives
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Oversee cross-functional team, ensuring program goals are reached
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and manage deliverables, required resources, project plan, and 3rd party software vendor
- Work collaboratively with other enterprise technology leaders to ensure integration and alignment with enterprise IT strategy
- Manage the CRM roadmap created using our internal customers feedback to drive optimal utilization and value of the features available
- Own the vendor relationship by defining the business needs and ensuring the software is meeting the companies needs
- Develop training plans, design curriculum and cadence for both new users as well as existing users when improvements occur
- Manage program and project team(s) for optimal return-on-investment, coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives, and provide mentorship to project and program managers in junior roles around best practices
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendor(s)
- Work with other program/project managers to identify, dependencies, risks and collaborative opportunities across multiple projects within the company
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Lead process, and technology improvement initiatives to optimize operational efficiency across teams
- Creatively solve problems through both quantitative and qualitative analysis and share insights that drive change
- Support the creation of frameworks, tools, best practices and standards for program management
- Build relationships throughout the organization and drive collaboration in complicated situations
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- You have 4+ years in a Program/Project Management role leading enterprise software projects
- You have led implementation and managed a CRM tool
- You have working experience with delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- You have an outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- You have strong communication skills, attention to detail and a passion for organization of process
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $104,000 to $125,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.