Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re also a very unique and imaginative brand that isn’t afraid of highly expressive, experimental design, advertising and content in service of our mission and our customers. At the spiritual heart of this work is the Brand & Marketing Design team. We drive our Mailchimp’s bold creative vision and uphold and evolve our visual identity across channels. Our team makes an exciting range of non-traditional work that benefits and inspires our employees and customers alike. We humbly accept the label of being Mailchimp’s secret sauce.
We're looking for a Motion Designer to join us—someone who is the best and brightest of motion design, someone who is eager to commit to our highly creative and gutsy brand, to push the barriers of how Mailchimp moves within our product, illustration and typography. An ideal candidate is someone who’s an excellent communicator and collaborator, who can power through projects independently but thrive just as much in a team setting. As an in-house team, we want to make award-winning, groundbreaking work and this motion expert will help us get there together. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too.
What you’ll do here:
- The execution and on-time delivery of high quality creative and custom animation work and motion design (including but not limited to: product UI, packaging elements for video such as title cards, transitions, lower thirds, end cards, etc., custom animations varying in length for our site, social channels and special projects)
- Being on the studio team (within Brand & Marketing Design), you’ll collaborate with fellow brand and marketing designers as well as product designers, writers, content strategists, developers, producers, and cross functional partners (outside of design) to deliver beautiful and communicative motion graphics and animation
- Partner with outside agencies and freelancers to creatively guide animation and motion design projects
- Help establish and lead our visual identity as it relates to motion with our style guides, product and campaigns
- Create storyboards for animations as well as provide motion graphics support for videos
- Assist on photo and video shoots, providing insight and support to the design team
- Edit video, gifs and other post-related needs
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have traditional and cel frame animation experience
- You have an understanding of animation and motion graphics principles and styles
- You have solid typography skills and understanding of color theory
- You have experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (AfterEffects, Animate, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere Pro), Procreate (2D/cel animation), Cinema 4D and Lottie
- You have solid illustration skills and the ability to collaborate with illustrators
- You have an interest in photography, videography and illustration
- You have a willingness to jump in at any stage of a project
- You have an online portfolio demonstrating a variety of projects
- You are an excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- You have the capacity to be diplomatic and flexible and to provide thoughtful solutions to design challenges
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $75,000 For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.