Manager, Product Support
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Product Support Management Team provides coaching, feedback and guidance to Product Support Representatives and Product Support Specialists in order to best support our customers’ unique needs as well as contribute to team-wide goals and initiatives. Our Managers of Product Support work collaboratively to lead their teams with the department's vision of remaining "customer obsessed" at the forefront of their mind - we listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, and develop relationships with them to remove their obstacles.
We’re looking for a Manager of Product Support to join our team. Our ideal candidate has demonstrated success managing customer-facing 24/7 support teams. This role will have a significant, direct impact on Mailchimp’s customer experience and broader impact on company operations. They are an inclusive leader, who recognizes the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance our culture and drive performance. This person will report to a Senior Manager of Product Support and work collectively with other members of the Manager of Product Support group on larger department wide initiatives.
What you'll do here:
- Lead a group of 5-7 front-line Product Support Representatives and Product Support Specialists responsible for addressing customer requests according to team-wide performance standards and practices.
- Act as an escalation point for direct reports for guidance and support in handling difficult or ambiguous issues that may arise.
- Be comfortable communicating with customers via chat, email, and phone.
- Set clear and challenging expectations and goals for direct reports that support department-wide initiatives and hold team members accountable for performance.
- Communicate and collaborate comfortably with co-workers across all levels, functions, and jobs to meet shared team objectives.
- Encourage personal development for direct reports.
- Participate in a management on-call rotation.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- You have 5 or more years of total work experience, including 3 or more years of management experience leading technical or advanced product support teams.
- You have experience working with customer-facing teams and the internal departments that support them.
- You have demonstrated achievement in delivering results and managing accountability in a support driven metrics based environment.
- You are a demonstrated action oriented problem solver with a customer centric outlook.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
- You are comfortable receiving and delivering feedback, both positive and constructive.
- You are comfortable and adaptable to a fast, ever-changing environment with an ability to lead their team through change.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience managing remote employees
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $79,000 to $95,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.