Senior Engineering Manager, Stores
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to lead and grow the team building Mailchimp Stores. You'll coach, sponsor, and mentor individual contributors and engineering managers and collaborate with other leaders building Mailchimp’s suite of commerce products.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced hands-on manager and an excellent communicator, comfortable managing a distributed team and leading with influence instead of relying on managerial authority. This role has a significant impact on Mailchimp Stores and the success of all of Mailchimp’s commerce products.
What you'll do:
- Foster an inclusive environment within your teams and peers in Commerce
- Lead and equip a distributed engineering team to develop and improve Mailchimp Stores, focusing on the customer experience, utility, usability, and developer experience of the software
- Collaborate with engineers, product and project managers, designers, and other peers to develop Mailchimp Stores into the leading commerce platform for small businesses
- Coach and mentor decision making and problem solving and identify and sponsor growth opportunities for your team
- Partner with teammates to prioritize work, triage issues and eliminate obstacles in the team’s path
- Work with commerce team leaders to ensure your team has appropriate numbers and skills to accomplish its goals
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have several years of experience managing high-performing product engineering teams
- You are an outstanding written communicator
- You have a track record of delivering software products successfully
- You are an empathetic leader who values bringing diverse perspectives to the table
- You drive clarity when things are ambiguous and operate calmly under pressure
- You are resilient, collaborative, persuasive and able to lead a team without resorting to authority
- You have experience delivering simple solutions to complex problems via consistent, iterative releases
- You have a commitment to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
- You’re patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it’s challenging, ambiguous, or intense
- You are able to effectively coach and manage the performance of engineers ranging from highly experienced to entry level
- You’re interested in coaching, mentoring, and managing other engineering managers
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $145,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.