Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Talent Acquisition team at Mailchimp aims to market to and attract the most humble, creative, and independent thinkers that will position talent as a competitive advantage for our company. We also work proactively to develop and nurture talent communities. We do so through the lens of the customer, fostering a collaborative relationship and a consultative approach with our hiring teams. We’re also committed to evangelizing for an equitable and inclusive hiring process for all those involved, while maintaining a best in class candidate experience.
Our University Relations team has a unique opportunity to share Mailchimp as the place to start your career. This role will create connections with students interested in internships across multiple functions and help develop and execute on a holistic enterprise level university relations strategy
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Mailchimp teams to develop and execute Mailchimp’s University Hiring strategy
- Develop creative ways to strengthen Mailchimp’s brand and presence within university communities, in particular through partnerships with professional, community, and student organizations
- Coordinate and attend campus site visits, job fairs, speaking events, and related events
- Source, screen, interview, evaluate, and present candidates to move forward in the interview process
- Provide a consultative approach to hiring teams, advising teams throughout the entire recruiting life cycle
- Consistently communicate with hiring teams around pipelines, candidate activity, prospecting activity and candidate quality
- Help ensure interviewer alignment by guiding managers through creating equitable interview and hiring plans
- Aim to provide an exceptional experience for both candidates and hiring teams
- Evangelize for Mailchimp’s overarching DE&I strategy
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have prior experience in a role supporting campus level hiring
- You have experience developing and nurturing partnerships with universities and students
- You are comfortable and experienced partnering with hiring managers
- You are an outstanding communicator
- You can shift and change priorities quickly and always approach challenges with with a positive mindset
- You are customer focused and always striving to provide a best in class experience for candidates and internal customers
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The target base salary for this role is $75,000 to $90,000k Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
The target base salary for this role in Colorado is $75,000 to $90,000k
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.