AP Coordinator II
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
This position will play a key role in ensuring that expenses are compliant with our Company policy and recorded properly. Our ideal candidate has strong accounting and accounts payable experience, is extremely detail oriented, and has excellent time-management skills. Details and organization should be your passion!
What you’ll do:
- Maintain our purchasing policies and procedures
- Respond to internal & external requests related to our purchasing policies and procedures
- Review & process invoices and credit card transactions for appropriate documentation and approval when necessary
- Assist in month-end closing activities (reconcile bank accounts, review financials for variance analysis, etc)
- Assist in year-end activities (e.g. 1099s creation, annual audit prep, etc)
- Thoroughly and accurately maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting practices
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a degree in Accounting
- You likely have 3-4 years of experience in an Accounts Payable role
- You have current experience in accounts payable and corporate credit card processing
- You are self-motivated with good planning and highly effective organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- You have strong problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- You manage and prioritize workloads both in a team environment and independently
- You are able to multitask, work under pressure, and meet required deadlines
- You thrive in a fast -pace setting and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have experience with Microsoft Excel
- You have experience with an ERP system and importing data
- You likely have experience with Google suite
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $47,000 to $56,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.