Inbound Growth Specialist
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Inbound Sales team is the first point of human contact for prospective customers learning how Mailchimp adds value to their business. The team works with businesses ranging from completely new to digital marketing to those switching from other providers and looking to optimize. The Inbound Sales team is tasked with guiding conversations with prospective customers around the ROI of our platform offerings with features, integrations, pricing, and security, compared to competing marketing platforms. Through speedy relationship and trust building, the team encourages accelerated feature adoption leading to enhanced value from our platform. Our team's guidance sets businesses up for success before their first touch point with Tech Support. If you’re passionate about helping businesses grow, touting the benefits of smart marketing, and thrive on connections over the phone, in person, and via email with marketers, business leaders, and agencies, we’d like to talk to you.
We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about Mailchimp and eager to educate prospective customers on Mailchimp’s platform capabilities. An ideal candidate is a good listener who is comfortable asking clarifying questions to uncover prospective customer’s use cases. You will tie prospective customer marketing pain points to Mailchimp solutions while using conversational probing questions to qualify leads and build our pipeline. You will provide prospective customers with fast, accurate answers to their Mailchimp inquiries, informing prospects of the ways Mailchimp can help them become smarter marketers while growing their brand.
What you'll do here:
- Monitor inbound channels (phone, email, & chat) and proactively respond to leads
- Own initial discovery conversations with prospective customers
- Dissect and qualify prospects' business goals to determine if Mailchimp can be a strategic investment for their business' growth
- Accurately capture customer information, including addresses and phone numbers, for future follow-up in our CRM
- Influence decisions to achieve win-win outcomes
- Translate Mailchimp’s features into benefits for the customer
- Use pre-built formulaic solutions and recommendations based on customer goals and objectives, including recommending best billing plans
- Offer competitive insights as to why Mailchimp is, or is not, a good fit for each prospective customer’s needs
- Maintain up to date knowledge on the market and competitive landscape
- Meet /exceed defined revenue, productivity and quality metrics
We'd like to hear from you if:
- You have 6 months with prior relevant experience.
- You have strong written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to explain concepts to an international audience
- You are high energy, outgoing and capable of making a high volume of emails and phone calls
- You are metrics-driven to achieve assigned goals
- You have a solid understanding of our Terms of Service and AUP
- You have strong organizational skills in the work at hand
- You have the ability to work under general supervision
- You pay attention to detail, follow-through, and are accountable
Bonus points for:
- Being multilingual in one or more major European languages
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $45,000 to $55,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.