Manager, Customer Success
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Customer Success team within our Customer organization is focused on engaging and growing our customers throughout their Mailchimp journey. Our team uses a consultative approach to guide customers through their customer lifecycle, surfacing ideas, innovations, integrations, and capabilities in support of our customers’ business goals. We share a commitment to delivering the best possible experiences to drive adoption, growth, and customer advocacy. We connect with key influencers and power users to evaluate the strength of our business relationship, dig for pain points, gather and document product feedback, act as a product advocate, and relay important communications directly to our customers. We collaborate internally with Customer Care, Product, Marketing, Sales and Research to provide a connected experience for our customers.
We’re looking for an individual to contribute to the leadership of the Customer Success Team by mentoring members of the Customer Success team across multiple tiers. As a Customer Success Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of CSM’s to drive customer loyalty and business value to customers.
What you'll do here:
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs)
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure your team of CSMs have what they need to engage, retain and grow their customers
- Provide guidance and management over customer escalation decisions and protocols
- Work hand-in-hand with your team to develop account strategies, growth and/or risk mitigation plans
- Coach your team through quality evaluations and performance reviews to help them develop skills and grow in their career as a CSM
- Proactively look for areas of opportunity to innovate and optimize your team and your team’s programming to drive continuous improvement on performance and the customer experience
- Work with recruiting and internal teams to recruit, hire, onboard and train new CSM talent
- Inspire and motivate your team to do their best work in helping customers engage and grow with Mailchimp
- Analyze customer and CSM data to make informed decisions on necessary updates to Customer Success activities and overall programming
- Lead and encourage your team to focus on skills and attributes that lead to long-lasting relationships with their customers
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent work ethic, outstanding initiative, and a flexible, proactive approach
- You have strong collaboration, teamwork, and relationship building skills across multiple levels and functions within the organization
- You have previous experience in mentoring and coaching of team as a part of onboarding and other training programs and initiatives
- You have experience in process improvement and project management
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking ability
- You pay attention to detail, have outstanding work habits, enthusiasm and a consistently positive outlook in your daily work
- You have the ability to listen hard and change fast to meet changing business objectives and requirements
- You have experience working with self-service SaaS solutions
- You have knowledge of the market and competitive landscape
- You're comfortable in a role that requires traveling (up to 15%)
Bonus points for
- HTML/CSS experience
- Experience working with self-service SaaS solutions
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Being multilingual in one or more major European languages
- Understanding of Mailchimp and its features
- Knowledge of market and competitive landscape
- Knowledge of CRM and Customer Success platforms
- Zendesk and Mailchimp experience
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The target base salary for this role is $100,000.00-$120,000.00. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
The target base salary for this role in Colorado is $100,000-$120,000.00
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.