Manager, Partner Program & Marketing (Community and Content)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is known for creative marketing and a design sensibility that bridges art and commerce, and the Partner marketing team is a key driver in building the relationships with Service Partners that help build our business.
Mailchimp’s Service Partner Program, Mailchimp & Co, enables and empowers designers, freelancers, developers and agencies to succeed and help Mailchimp customers grow.
As manager of partner community and content, you will be responsible for fostering connectivity amongst members and partners through high-value online and IRL events, forum(s), engaging content, and experiences. By driving community connections among Partners and building a global community of Mailchimp evangelists who rely on and support each other we will see higher program satisfaction and retention.
What you'll do here:
- You will develop engagement strategies to bolster the partner community at all tiers
- You will build and maintain a valuable online community for members and partners through platforms like Slack, LinkedIn and beyond to engage partners and support connectivity
- You will collaborate with the Events team to execute online and IRL experiences to reach new partners and engage the existing community
- You will develop and maintain the evergreen partner comms calendar across newsletters, slack and events
- You will own the Mailchimp & Co content strategy to support program engagement and retention goals
- You will collaborate with Content and Design teams to assist with the creation of content with experts and tech partners
- You will manage our the relationship and delivery between our team and our content agency
- You will measure and report on the effectiveness of community initiatives, events and editorial content
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 8 years of marketing experience, preferably in engagement, loyalty and/or content marketing
- You have an understanding of content strategy and development
- You have experience with collaborating with events teams
- You have strong writing and proofreading skills
- You have a passion for executing, establishing priorities, and meeting swift deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- You have prior experience working with digital agencies or freelancers and understand their unique challenges
- You are technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work to enable new customer solutions
- You love being a team player and are skilled at project management and cross-functional collaboration
- Bonus points of agency or freelance background, or experience with agency- or freelancer-focused content
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $78,000.00 For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.