Product Manager, Strategic Partners
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s app marketplace contains a robust community of software companies, integrators and app developers that play a critical role in driving value for our customers. We are looking for a Product Manager who will lead product for our Strategic Partners team, the team focused on developing and iterating on our top tier marketplace partners that drive significant long-term value for our customers and the company . This includes working directly with our partner’s development teams as well as 3rd party developers to build and maintain integrations.
The ideal candidate is experienced within the world of email marketing, especially the landscape of competitive and complementary products, and can communicate and execute technical solutions that solve for the needs of the customer. You should be an experienced team member who is comfortable taking the lead on technical projects and collaborating with cross-functional and partner teams to plan & execute.
What you'll do here:
- You'll own individual product from concept to launch, ensuring roadmap is aligned to company vision
- You'll lead 3rd party development teams to build & maintain integrations
- You'll lead internal development teams to enhance app features
- You'll partner with Research to validate or assess customer expectations and perceptions
- You'll collaborate with Strategy & Research to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products; regularly review metrics to ensure they are tracking to goal
- You'll communicate clearly defined and achievable product goals to Design and Engineering, negotiating trade-offs and adjusting scope as needed to hit major milestones
- You'll lead product team through Pragmatic Planning to identify scope for sprints; identify opportunities to validate product direction through MVPs
- You'll work collaboratively with Product Marketing and Support to define release marketing reach, effort and support impact
- You'll build, edit and manage product backlog understanding the contributive value of each feature, the level of effort, risk and opportunity costs
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are highly skilled at socializing business opportunity at all levels of the organization through both written presentation and compelling storytelling
- You have the ability to communicate complex and detailed information in an organized and consumable format
- You are capable of and comfortable with working closely with Senior and C-level executives to develop product strategy
- You have strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You demonstrate the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have an understanding of how to read data to analyze the performance of digital features
- You have the ability to work with multiple development teams
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- You have experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) solutions in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have experience working with integrations/apps
- You have knowledgeable about the marketing technology industry or competitive/complimentary products
- You have the ability to work with multiple cultures and tailor work style and messaging to function effectively across globally distributed teams
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $107,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.