Director of Customer Success, Growth & Engagement
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Customer Success team within our Customer organization is focused on engaging and growing our customers throughout their Mailchimp journey. Our team uses a consultative approach to guide customers through their customer lifecycle, surfacing ideas, innovations, integrations, and capabilities in support of our customers’ business goals. We share a commitment to delivering the best possible experiences to drive adoption, growth, and customer advocacy. We connect with key influencers and power users to evaluate the strength of our business relationship, dig for pain points, gather and document product feedback, act as a product advocate, and relay important communications directly to our customers. We collaborate internally with Customer Care, Product, Marketing, Sales and Research to provide a connected experience for our customers.
We’re looking looking for an experienced Customer Success Leader. In this role you will lead the development of our Growth and Engagement programs, as well as grow and mentor members of the Customer Success team across multiple tiers. You will be responsible for leading a team to identify key areas of growth, engagement, risk and utilization of Mailchimp’s products and services.
What you'll do here:
- Lead the development and build of Mailchimp’s customer growth and engagement journey through programming that scales across multiple customer segments.
- Lead the development of Mailchimp’s Customer Success programming across multiple customer tiers, both 1-to-1 and 1-to-many (pooled CSM) model
- Build cross-functional relationships with Mailchimp leaders to create a unified customer experience
- Drive value for Mailchimp’s customer segments, ensuring they have the right products, services and tools to accomplish their goals
- Lead the development of escalation protocols across customer tiers during the growth and engagement phase
- Lead the creation of growth and engagement playbooks for the Customer Success team
- Work with other department heads and teams to coordinate integration efforts and ongoing delivery, support and operations
- Define metrics and KPIs that showcase growth opportunities and engagement success
- Implement reporting to show progress, performance and ROI of Customer Success at the tier level, team level and individual level
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing and launching Customer Success programs at scale
- You have experience in building, mentoring and inspiring teams
- You are a strong collaborator, communicator and work well cross-functionally
- You are a leader in change management
- You are a strong leader with a track record of building and growing high performing teams.
- You care deeply about your team and their growth
- You have an understanding of Customer Success platforms
- You have an understanding of how to define health scoring at multiple levels
- You have excellent presentation skills, communicating clearly to all levels
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple initiatives at one time
- You have strong organizational skills and pursue measuring the impact of you and your team’s performance
Bonus points if you are:
- Experienced in working with self-service SaaS solutions
- Multilingual in one or more major European languages
- Understanding of Mailchimp and its features
- Knowledgable of market and competitive landscape
- Knowledgable of CRM and Customer Success platforms
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $143,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.